X

Fieldsheer Expander Tail Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fieldsheer Expander Tail Bag

Hey...need some help. I am trying to be cheap, but want a tailbag for '04 Kat 600. Anyone ever tried this. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tail-Bag.aspx

How do you like fit, installation, size, quality?

I will be carrying a laptop too.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
    ME.

Wow, 37 views and no responses. I guess no experience with this one. No responses makes me feel like an outcast.
    '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
    ME.

Comment

LOL well thanks for the link anyway, I found a bag I'll be buying : D

Comment

Sorry dude, no experience with this one, haven't even seen it. Let me know how good it is, and I might buy one too.
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Id buy it just because it Fieldsheer...I love anything they make.
          “What you own is your own kingdom
          What you do is your own glory
          What you love is your own power
          What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

Haha same here ... let me know how it works, maybe i'll get one ..

Comment

Originally posted by viper7016 View Post
              LOL well thanks for the link anyway, I found a bag I'll be buying : D
              Wow, that aint right. But oh well. I will let you all know what I think.............but dont hold your breathe.

Na! Probably order next week, and I'll let ya know. The knowledge I've gained here has been great.

Thanks
              '04 600 GSXF

ME.

Comment

Thanks for the link Ive been looking at tail bags and saddle bags for a while. Was planning on Frank Thomas Endurance but these have a better look, almost the same dimentions, and about $40 less for the tailbag and 20-40 less for the saddles. Just placed my order today hopefully the shipping wont take that long. ($170 for both w/shipping) Plus I needed them Im going on a 1200 mile round trip to dallas fortworth in april and just having a tank bag isnt enough. Wearing a back pack that long isnt comfortable either.
                sigpic

Comment

Cool, I am ordering mine tomorrow, along with gear for my wife. Hopefully we'll like. We do need to post up pics and stuff to let everyone else know good or bad.. Good Luck to us.
                  '04 600 GSXF

ME.

Comment

Good luck, let us know.
                    Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                    '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                    '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                    '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                    I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

I can't say I have any experience with 'em either, but they do look pretty good. Let us know, I may want one

Comment

OK, I actually have this bag, bought it last Summer for a roadtrip that never happened. Its a nice looking bag,seems well built and expands to a good size bag. With all that being said, my bag has never been on the bike. Maybe this year!!

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Received them today, took a couple days to process the order (they site says shipped within 48hrs- was actually 5 days. UPS was on time though.

I have them some what fitted and filled with my duty gear so I'll be going to work tonight with them.

They are a few straps that I dont quite know where to hook them. At least a basic mounting instruction sheet would have been nice for proper fitment.

The size of the saddle bags seems pretty good so far with what I have in them but its a little difficult to get my Posse clipboard in and out.

The Tail bag is smaller than what I expected but I was baseing the size on my tank bag which is huge so between the four bags it should be enough for a couple day trip. Definately big enough for going to work. ( I dont have them expanded yet).
                          I'll post pics on Friday as long as its not raining.
                          sigpic

Comment

I saw the same bag online and it seems to be the one that will fit my seat the best and not be too bulky. This is the one I'm going to order. Good price too. My tank bag was more than that and not as big.

Comment

Finally got mine. They said 7-9 business days, but never processed the credit card, so 10 days later I contacted them, then 7-9 days was pretty legit. I put it on, and agree about the (2) misc. attachements. I think those (2) are for the saddlebags, but dont know, as no instructions. Took it for a ride today. Had a portfolio for work in it, probably clipboard size, nothing bigger in dimensions would fit. Also had my Icon inner jacket, and my fieldsheer rain coat, which is pretty puffy. Plenty of room for more stuff, and at 80mph, it didnt move at all. Love it so far, and haven't expanded its width yet. Didnt even know it was there. I actually had to reach behind me a couple of times to make sure it was still there.

Well worth the money. Now saving for the saddlebags.
                              '04 600 GSXF

ME.

Comment

Working...
                              X