X

My new (used) Alpinestars gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new (used) Alpinestars gear

I totally lucked up and got this jacket and pants for a steal. I've only been riding for a year now and probably dont "need" full leathers .. but damn this set is sweat!
    • 1.2 to 1.4mm full-grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance
    • Multiple stitched main-seam construction for maximum tear resistance
    • Removable CE-certified shoulder and elbow protectors
    • Ergonomically placed Schoeller stretch Cordura® panels and leather flex zones
    • Perforated front leather panels for ventilation
    • YKK Semi Auto Lock zippered wrist closures
    • Removable thermal vest
    • Microinjected logos
    • Connection zipper allows attachment to selected Alpinestars leather pants
    • Back compartment with foam back pad (CE-certified RC back protector available separately

• 1.2 to 1.44mm full-grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance
    • A higher rear back panel covers more of the lower back
    • GP protectors for the knee and tibia
    • Accordion leather stretch panels
    • Articulated knees for an ergonomic fit
    • Sport knee sliders
    • Calf adjustment
    • Mesh liner
    • Ergonomically placed stretch Kevlar panels for optimal flexibility
    • Waist connection zipper for attachment to most Alpinestars riding jackets

Originally posted by oldgangalee View Post
    I totally lucked up and got this jacket and pants for a steal. I've only been riding for a year now and probably dont "need" full leathers .. but damn this set is sweat!

Well nobody "needs" leathers until that split second before they start sliding across the pavement. Currious as to what you paid. New in Calgary from a shop would be approx $250 for the pants and around $350 for the jacket. Would be able to find closeouts this time, and of course everything for us Canadians right now is cheaper to order form the States.
    "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I've only been riding for a year now and probably dont "need" full leathers ..
      EVERYONE needs full leathers.

Great choice. I love my Astars.

Comment

I was not sure about buying leathers either, but after hearing from others on the forum I decided to get them. I bought them back in Aug. and feel a lot safer riding with them. Yours look great, I like the all black.
        25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

ok, i stand corrected. I meant i didnt need it in that b/c im a new rider i wont be going to the track anytime soon; and only really ride my bike for commuting and maybe taking lil trips here and there with my boys. I dont see myself draggin any knees anytime soon ... but hey! at least i'll look the part.

man! thats a nice Kat, Randy.

Comment

yeah man that jacket is FRESH!! Hell i felt super protected just trying it on!!! YOu're still super lame! Oldgangalee : "Lemme put on my full leather riding outfit so i can go to blockbusters and back..gotta rent the Notebook again" .........................actually im jealous
            I like'em naked!!

Comment

Alpinestars is the way to go lol I might be a little biased about that (check my avatar)

I personally think full gear is important. Whether you are dragging knee or not. The only time I dragged a knee was when I went into a turn and gravel slid my back tire and I went slidding... messed up my knee pretty bad... and I was only going maybe 10 mph!!!

I don't know if I'm pmsing or what but this gear issue is a big deal to me. If I lived on the sun itself I would still wear my gear... its really important people!!!
              With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
              The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
              To the bang bang boogie
              Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Very nice! I prefer the 2 piece as well.
                How much did you pay?
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Oldgang....I have got that same set-up and I love it. the fit is great and the quality is also great
                  sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

DUDE!

You live in ATLANTA! Hello... only one of the WORST traffic cities in the greater 48!

Comment

I know, man!! the traffic here is the worst!

Oh and i got the whole set (gently used) for $200!

Comment

I know, man!! the traffic here is the worst!

Oh and i got the whole set (gently used) for $200!
                        Great deal!!!
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

Hello all,
                          So after reading up on boots and stuff and seeing that wearing my new leathers with my timbs isnt a good look. I searched and searched and lucked up on a pair of these:

.. used of course.

Comment

NOW you look like a robot ninja! which just so happens to be the BEST kind of ninja....because....well because they're robots.

All you gotta get is a helmet and you'll be fully protected
                            Last edited by SoGone12; 01-22-2008, 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            I like'em naked!!

Comment

Working...
                            X