X

Stitching leather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stitching leather

Ive already ordered new pants, a helmet and a jacket from Newenough.com. But I need to wear something to test drive other bikes. My neighbor will probably lend me a helmet to wear, but I just need a jacket. The jacket that I had on during my wreck has a tear in it (about 8 inches) from under the arm to about 4" from the zipper. I can sew it up and wear the jacket until I get the new one next week, I'm just wondering if anyone sees any problem with this.
    Just remember: Satan loves you

It's got to be better than wearing nothing. I would do it myself if I had new gear on the way if that helps.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Comment

A good dry cleaner will have an out source service to repair leather. Or a good tailor.

A good sharp needle and pliers will work. If you can find a ayrimid (spelling?) thread like Kevlar that would be the way to go.

Comment

I'm going to keep the jacket for spare uses, I thought about going to the tailor aswell...not a bad idea.
        Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

Good plan. Now you have scars on your leather like MD does!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Stich it up like Gerry Cheevers goalie mask, so it always reminds you to wear you gear.

Comment

tailors may not handle the work you want for leather .. good shoe shop might be more what you need .. the work leather
              so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                Stich it up like Gerry Cheevers goalie mask, so it always reminds you to wear you gear.

SAVE!!! Cheevers!!!! Man I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that!

Comment

The local cobblers have all been switching off shoes and moving to motorcycle leathers. Apparently they aren't getting much business with resoling shoes and the like in this day and age but they are getting a ton of work from the Harley guys who want one thing or another added to their leathers. Patches, tears, or mods, the local cobbler I talked with is apparently doing it all since it's become about 85% of his business now.

Summary: Find a local Cobbler/Shoe repair and ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                    Good plan. Now you have scars on your leather like MD does!
                    I got the scars on my leather and ME . It looks better on the leather .... But yeah , a good solid repair could be ALMOST as good as new if done right by someone who knows WTF they're doing .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
                      T Apparently they aren't getting much business with resoling shoes and the like in this day and age but they are getting a ton of work from the Harley guys who want one thing or another added to their leathers. .
                      Like more and more added to the waist?

Comment

Working...
                      X