Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What is some good basic gear for the summer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is some good basic gear for the summer?

Helmet of course but what are some good cheap mesh jackets and anything else you may suggest?

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrphotoman View Post
      Helmet of course but what are some good cheap mesh jackets and anything else you may suggest?
      off topic: but nice shark(for a girls car, j/p)lol

Comment

iron pony always has close-out deals as well

www.ironpony.com

you could always road-trip it to columbus too, since you aren't too awful far away....
        Last edited by teddy; 12-06-2007, 04:48 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I am just looking for some light/protective summer gear that will not make me pass out from heat stroke, lol.

Any brands that I should stay away from?

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

I have a Pilot mesh jacket ($60.00) and Icon Tarmac V2mesh gloves ($30.00). Now that it's winter time here in sunny california, I just throw a hoodie over my jacket and call it good! I love california weather!

Comment

Hit up Cyclegear.com or a Cyclegear store. I bought a leather mesh jacket on sale for $85 last summer.

Also, buy perforated leather gloves. Icon makes a nice pair for about $50. Mine will probably last through next season.

Besides that, drink lots of water during the day before riding and that will help you stay cool on your ride.

Comment

Originally posted by nosupra4u View Post
                off topic: but nice shark(for a girls car, j/p)lol
                Care to define what exactly is a "girls car"? Last time I checked cars did not have a penis or a vagina. I take it that you prefer a "mans car" so does that mean you enjoy a car with a penis or a car that picks up men?

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrphotoman View Post
                  Not cheap, haven't tried one but would love to find one and give it a go. During July / August here in Kansas, it's not unusual to have temps 100+ days in a row.

"Phase Change Clothing: The MiraCool Phase Change vest can be frozen and then worn; claimed to keep the rider at 65 degrees | See the wBW review of the Roadgear AdaptiveTec Outlast phase change vest and jacket."

Helping Keep You Cool This Summer With Our Hands On Reviews Of the Best Motorcycle Cooling Vests Most people think the only way to stay cool while riding during the summer is a well ventilated motorcycle jacket. For anybody who lives in really warm summer weather like us, we know that a jacket with vents can only do so much. Don’t sweat it (yes, i know), we’re here to tell you about the secret, little known world of motorcycle cooling […]
                  It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
                    Not cheap, haven't tried one but would love to find one and give it a go. During July / August here in Kansas, it's not unusual to have temps 100+ days in a row.

"Phase Change Clothing: The MiraCool Phase Change vest can be frozen and then worn; claimed to keep the rider at 65 degrees | See the wBW review of the Roadgear AdaptiveTec Outlast phase change vest and jacket."

http://www.webbikeworld.com/cooling-vests/
                    Thanks, I will look into those

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

I have a Joe Rocket UFO mesh jacket for the summer that is super vented when the liner is taken out and very ventilated and cool. I suggest it for when it gets really hot! They also happen to look nice.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I tend to dismiss Icon gear after hearing some not-so-favorable reviews about a few of their items , plus they seem geared toward the "mad-stunta" crowd .
                        As far as what to wear during the summer .... I wear my leathers year -round . Perf leather jacket , and solid leather britches . I wrecked with perfed nylon on before , and I was less than impressed .
                        If you're up near Teddy , I ain't gonna listen to no "but leather is too hot for summer riding" . I've worn mine in traffic at close to 100* before . And yeah , it sucked , but I lived . You CAN find decent prices on leather if you but search . I scored the jacket for $100 , which I hear ain't TERRIBLY tough to do , and the pants were about $160 . Plus another $100 for boots , and another $50-ish for gloves , and you'll be in pretty good shape . BTW ,I got a pair of Firstgear leather gloves size M that ain't doing nothin if you're interested . ALMOST brand new , and cheap ......
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If taking long rides, consider a Camelback or similar hydration system. Even with a full face helmet, you can take a sip of water (put ice in the bladder- some have large mouths just for that reason) whenever you want.

When riding in hot weather, I use a cycling skull cap under my helmet, I soak it in tap water before I hit the road and at every fuel stop. It is bone dry by the next fuel stop, but it helps keep me cooler till it goes dry. As a side effect, my hair is far less dirty at the end of the ride, too- every time I rinse it out and re-wet it, I rinse away all the grime. Cooling and less grime makes for a more comfy ride.
                          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I would skip the mesh and look for perfed leather. IIRC, NewEnough had some good deals in the closeout section, and is a great company to deal with.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                              I have a Joe Rocket UFO mesh jacket for the summer that is super vented when the liner is taken out and very ventilated and cool. I suggest it for when it gets really hot! They also happen to look nice.

I had looked at those last week, they are nice. That is one that I placed on my list.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Working...
                              X