X

Pants?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pants?????

I've got a Icon Merc jacket, Power trip street fighter gloves and I'm buying either some Oxtar or Set up boots off closeout from Newenough.com Any suggestions on pants in the same price range? I live in TN so it gets pretty freakin' hot and I don't ride in the winter if it gets below the 50's if that helps. Thanks.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

i dont wear pants at all

embrace it
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

no riding in cold temps .. you could probably just go with some of the jean design pants out . they have padding and armor (depending on manufacturer) and can usually be had for not so big of a price and look fairly normal when you are out
      so many roads so little time

Comment

Some textile mesh pants would probably do, unless you plan on riding hard then I would say perforated leather but they are more $$.
        Kyle

Comment

Go to newenough and buy the closeout Tour Master textile jean pants, I bought a pair and have been using them on the colder days as overpants, over jeans. They have hip and knee pads. They are listed as jeans but it is a jean style, it is actually textile. They will be too hot in the summer but they are perfect for the rest of the year. Best part they are reduced to $39 !!! I live in East Tennessee and these are perfect for cool to cold weather use.
          25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            i dont wear pants at all

embrace it
            Don't you get funny looks?

Comment

Get a pair with pucks on them right away. I like the fieldsheer track pants. If you get the mesh pants without knee pucks you'll be looking for some in the near future. Alpine stars just came out with some great pants that are both leather and textile... They are pricey but whats cool about them is you can cover up the puck area with a leather cover.... http://www.newenough.com/protective_...cle_pants.html
              "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

i wear the icon denim hooligan ,or recon denim , with the icon field armor on this page , not saying i buy the stuff from cyclegear (usaly ebay) but easiest way to show all i wear , the 2 pairs of pants are made for cooling with mesh biult into the pants ( open legs wile riding and get insta cooled ) i also have a pair of icon timax pants i havent used yet
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  Don't you get funny looks?
                  I do scare small children
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                    Go to newenough and buy the closeout Tour Master textile jean pants, I bought a pair and have been using them on the colder days as overpants, over jeans. They have hip and knee pads. They are listed as jeans but it is a jean style, it is actually textile. They will be too hot in the summer but they are perfect for the rest of the year. Best part they are reduced to $39 !!! I live in East Tennessee and these are perfect for cool to cold weather use.
                    You got any pics of those pants? What boots are you wearing?
                    96 Katana 600
                    97 4 door Blazer LT
                    03 Honda Pilot EXL
                    sigpic

Comment

The boots are Oxtar Performance two sport boots, I bought mine at Ironpony.com but newenough has them on closeout now for $119, the pants in the picture are Teknic Thunder leather sport pants. The textile pants are still on closeout at newenough for $39. Go to closeouts and they are listed in the textile jacket and pants section Tour Master (jean) style textile pants. I wear these for everyday trips, this time of year I use them as overpants, they are easy to get in and out of. They are a great deal, wind and water proof.
                      25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

I wear Shift denim jeans, they are made of Kevlar and are comfortable and thw proper temp.

Comment

icon has some nice jean style pants with a kevlar type of material in the knees and hips. nice for good weather riding and they look ok when youre off the bike too.

Comment

Working...
                          X