X

Winter Jacket.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Jacket.

Im in the mood for a jacket which will keep me warm in the winter since my textile jacket isnt cutting it. Would a leather jacket such as this one http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html be a good choice? Im not really into the looks of the large overcoat looking jackets which I see some tourer rider's wear. Any suggestions? just try to keep it at around $200 or under.

That is a great jacket. I have the Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 jacket which is basically the same jacket but Blue and white.

I love mine. It doesn't have a liner in it, but it has a zipper for one. The built in pads actually have good insulating properties. I wear a sweatshirt or thermal shirt on underneath it and it is fine. If it gets really cold I will wear both.

Also, I have a baclava to protect my neck area when it gets real cold.

How cold do you want to ride in?
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Well currently, in the mornings its only in the low 60's but for me that is even a little cold for me when wearing my cortech GX Air jacket (I dont have the liner in becuase when I do the jacket fits too tight).In about a month or so the temperature should drop down the low 50's, but yeah I want a jacket to be able wear in about 40-60 degree weather. The coldest it ever get's here is around 32 degrees in January but im not thinking about riding when its that cold.

Yes I know I'm a baby and most of you call 32 degrees summer weather, but what do you expect I live in South Texas. 8)

Comment

Well, I just got back from a ride with mine and it was in the 50's. I had a long sleeve shirt on and I was fine. Get the Corona Jacket but get one size up so that you can wear a sweatshirt, thermals and/or sweater on underneath when it gets colder (30's -40's). Mine is one size up for this reason. It will still be snug so that the pads and everything are in the right places.

Also, this jacket is really nice and cool to wear when it gets hot out. You can unzip at the bicep area which lets air in and heat out. I rode around when it was in the 90's out and barely sweat at all. However, I don't have the humidity that you usually do in Texas.
        2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

I just found the liner for the jacket. It does come with one I just forgot that I had it. Sweet, it will be even warmer now. Love the Joe Rocket Jacket.
          2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Well I just purchased mine over newenough.com along with the $1 Katrider.com donation. I'll let you know how it turns out once I get it. I think newenough is a good deal, just got back from cycle gear and they had the same jacket for $399.

Comment

A cold weather tip: Wear polypropelene thermal underwear, under your jacket. It is very thin (even the cold-weather one) so is not bulky, does an excellent job of keeping you warm, wicks moisture away from your skin, and even makes pulling the jacket and pants on much easier.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Well now that I've actually purchased the jacket for $223.03 including tax and shipping but I've begun to wonder as to why newenough has the jacket sooo cheap compared to other stores. Looked up the website to my local bike shop and they have it listed at $499 and another one had it listed at $399.99. Any ideas as to why its discounted so low? Well I guess I will find out once I get it sometime this week.

Last edited by mike75; 10-16-2007, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I believe the price is lowered because they have the new jackets out or coming out soon. That is what I paid for mine ($199). It was discounted when the newer Joe Rocket Blaster 3.0 jacket came out. Mine is the Blaster 2.0 They have to get rid of older inventory.

I think you will like the jacket a lot and it will look really good when you're wearing it. That is a sharp looking jacket. What an awesome price too.

Let us know what you think after you get it.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

stealerships are just about seperating you from your money, newenough buys bulk shipments .. and like zepp said they are getting rid of things going out of date .. most any retail shop is charging you almost double what they pay for something
                    so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                      A cold weather tip: Wear polypropelene thermal underwear, under your jacket. It is very thin (even the cold-weather one) so is not bulky, does an excellent job of keeping you warm, wicks moisture away from your skin, and even makes pulling the jacket and pants on much easier.
                      +1

I also like to wear underarmor coldgear or go to a running store and check out their winter running shirts.
                      2001 Katana 600

Comment

Just got the jacket delivered to me, and its more than I expected. It's exactly what Ive seen in the store and I paid less than half of what I saw it for. My only complaint is that there is no liner and no way to attach a liner with the jacket, but other than that its a great jacket.
                        Last edited by mike75; 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Looks good bro. You're styling now!!!!

The liner is real thin anyways, I wouldn't be too worried about that. I have been wearing mine without the liner.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X