X

Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen - UPDATE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen - UPDATE

Got the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen for the Kat Friday and installed Friday evening. I have been ride testing over the last few days (in a light rain tonight). This screen definitely takes the wind off the chest and barely hits the shoulders and top of helmet. Easy install only took about 15 mins. Here is the pic
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

I picked up the smoked one for my Kat when I got the bike. It makes a HUGE difference in the cold months.

2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

anything that keeps the elements off the body is a good thing!
      One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Couple questions. If it moving the airflow up, then is it putting your helmet in the zone where it the air is buffeting? How does it do for redirecting bugs? Currently I cannot go more than a day without having to scrape bugs off my helmet visor, does this help redirect them away? How about helmet fogging? If I tuck my visor starts to fog almost immediately, if this moves the airflow up, does it have the same effect?
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

No helmet buffeting and the bug problem is a little bit better. It does not move all the air from the lower helmet area just the majority. As far a fogging goes haven't done any tucking so don't really know.
          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

After having the new windscreen for a couple of weeks I have noticed that since I put this on there is a vibration buzzing noise. It is coming for the new Zero Gravity. I have noticed that I can give a gentle push or pull on the upper corners and it stops. I am also noticing that the vibes are causing some score marks from the upper corners of the fairing.

I have sent Zero Gravity an e-mail about this. I will post more after I hear from them on this one.

Comment

Can ya put an extra washer to tone down the vibes?
              GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Not where it is rubbing. Much higher up on the fairing than where the bolts are at. May have to add some type of rubber padding.

Comment

Okay - a rubber/felt washer? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 40something
                    Not where it is rubbing. Much higher up on the fairing than where the bolts are at. May have to add some type of rubber padding.
                    I'd pop the screen off and stick some electrical tape back behind it to see if that does anything . It MAY just be that the plastic is too thin that high , and nothing to be done about it . Unless you wanna glue in some ribbing of some sort to reinforce it .....
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by thetable
                      If it moving the airflow up, then is it putting your helmet in the zone where it the air is buffeting?
                      I also have this shield and I do experience buffeting. I'm 6'1" and wear a Scorpion EXO700 helmet.

I've already cut it down in size with my Dremell tool but it still is not what I want.

If I crouch down I'm in quiet air or if I stand up I'm in quiet air, so I need to try something else.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I like quiet air. Wearing ear plugs, sucks sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something
                          After having the new windscreen for a couple of weeks I have noticed that since I put this on there is a vibration buzzing noise. It is coming for the new Zero Gravity. I have noticed that I can give a gentle push or pull on the upper corners and it stops. I am also noticing that the vibes are causing some score marks from the upper corners of the fairing.

I have sent Zero Gravity an e-mail about this. I will post more after I hear from them on this one.
                          I have this same issue with my zero Gravity. They are not exact copies, and do "buzz". To cure the buzzing, I took an old can coozie (you know, the foam beer can holders), and cut a few thin strips of foam. I put the foam between the ZG windscreen, and the fairings (where they meet the windscreen obviously), and that took care of the buzzing.
                          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Sasquatch wrote

I have this same issue with my zero Gravity. They are not exact copies, and do "buzz". To cure the buzzing, I took an old can coozie (you know, the foam beer can holders), and cut a few thin strips of foam. I put the foam between the ZG windscreen, and the fairings (where they meet the windscreen obviously), and that took care of the buzzing.
                            I was thinking along the same lines but am giving Zero Grav a chance here first

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKat
                              I picked up the smoked one for my Kat when I got the bike. It makes a HUGE difference in the cold months.
                              what are these "cold months" you speak of? Also I'm willing to bet it's because of the speed hump on my leathers but with the stock screen I rarely get any kind of buffeting to make my head move around terribly unless it's really gusty and then it's a case of my whole body moving around not just my head. I'm 6' 3" and even sitting straight up wind rarely is an issue for me.

I also ALWAYS wear earplugs, they don't bother me either. I'd rather take no risks with my hearing even if I did have "quiet air" I'd still wear earplugs.
                              Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                              fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                              fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                              girls = yammah
                              yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Working...
                              X