X

Help me buy boots. Under jean, inexpensive, able to walk in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me buy boots. Under jean, inexpensive, able to walk in

I'm looking for a boot that I can wear under jeans. I will mostly use it only for riding then change shoes. Kind of like Mr. Rodgers, except I don't wear sweater jackets. I would want them to be comfortable enough to walk around in if I would go out to eat or something like that, but not walking the local mall or anything. I would say that a full on race boot is out, but a moderate one would be nice. I want good ankle support.

I'm considering the Sidi Scorpions if I can win them on eBay for cheap. Also the Joe Rocket GPX's and Speedmaster 2's and Reactors. I've checked out newenough.com and eBay, just looking for any other opinions. I wear an 8 or 8.5.
    98 Integra GSR
    96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

this are the ones I have and to me they are great. I had them for two years now no problems.

Comment

What is considered "inexpensive"?? What type of boot are you looking for (full boot, half boot, etc...)? Are you looking for a "sport" or "casual" style?
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

The US distributor for Hein Gericke ceased operations late last year and they are unloading their remaining inventory. Hein Gericke is a 'sister' brand of...

The Sunrise boot is a great all-around motorcycle sport boot...especially at the current closeout price! The styling is sporty yet 'normal' enough for street...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Boots

The Vega "Street" Boot and the Vega "Nitro Racing Boot" are very well made for the money. I gor mine from Ebay "the leathery" realy its Jafrum.com I think a lot of gear is way over priced! Heres a nice boot for under $100 buck what more can you ask Im happy with My vega "Niro" boot I thik they are a "Best Buy" take a look.

Comment

Almost any boot will go under jeans. I think the most reliably inexpensive ones are the Setups at $120~. A few riders here have been happy with them. The cheapest route is the combat boot. under $30..

Comment

Originally posted by katanapr3
              this are the ones I have and to me they are great. I had them for two years now no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MENS-...spagenameZWDVW
              For some reason 'moon boot' comes to mind. They just don't look comfortable or stylish. Might have to take a serious look though.
              98 Integra GSR
              96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                What is considered "inexpensive"?? What type of boot are you looking for (full boot, half boot, etc...)? Are you looking for a "sport" or "casual" style?
                Under $100 if possible. I would say a moderate full boot. Some of the half boots are rather low.
                98 Integra GSR
                96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  Almost any boot will go under jeans. I think the most reliably inexpensive ones are the Setups at $120~. A few riders here have been happy with them. The cheapest route is the combat boot. under $30..
                  The SetUp Visions? Or the Pegaso's?
                  98 Integra GSR
                  96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

I have Alpinestars Ridge boots . Kinda low compared to the plastic sport boots , high enough to tuck leater pants into , DOES goes under jeans well enough , and comfy enough to take hiking tours in . I know this firsthand . The still go for about $100 at most places .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Icon Field Armor....easy on, easy off, a little heavy, but I don't run marathons. I purchased the boots for protection and that's just what they offer.

I think I paid about $130 for them via New Enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
                        Icon Field Armor....easy on, easy off, a little heavy, but I don't run marathons. I purchased the boots for protection and that's just what they offer.

I think I paid about $130 for them via New Enough.
                        On the same type I like the SuperDuty II ones...they are under $100 and they are comfortable...I believe they run around $89.00
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I have these boots and they are very comfortable. I can walk around in them all day long. Seemed like a good price to me...

Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

I just bought Abilene cowboy boots. Puts shifter out on the end of your foot because of the heel buts works fine for me.
                            Happy wife/bike, Happy life.

Comment

got these tourmaster Solution WP Road Boots last week and they are super comfy; however, i haven't had the time to ride in them

there is an article shown on Motorcyclist Magazine linked on the bottom right hand corner of this link.

Motorcycle touring means a lot of things these days and Tourmaster motorcycle gear handles it all. From adventure touring to cross-country riding or just commuting on your bike, Tourmaster has you covered.
                              One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Working...
                              X