No announcement yet.
X

Icon Field Armor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer when the true squids wear nothing but shorts and flip-flops...makes it easy to see who to avoid on the road!

Kinda heartless, I really mean no harm.
    I still shudder when I see one on the road.

Comment

I got a set of the knee/shin protection over the winter, they fit well under the pants because that is where they are designed to fit but they can be worn over the pants. I have not worn them riding because of the weather but just trying to walk around in them I found them to be very tight & restrictive & warm(made my legs sweat.

I plan to eventually get a pair of riding pants with the knee/shin armor & hopefully with the hip & tailbone protection.
      I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Anyone care to update this?
        I'm thinking of going for leg armor and the Icon is pricey but looks like is offers good coverage.

stevnmd & BearKat can Y'all point to some reviews that back up what you said about the quality? I am considering a TiMax jacket as well.

Comment

All the Icon gear I have has served me well, especially the helmet. I don't think I have a weirdly shaped head, but it's the best fitting helmet I have ever worn and that includes Shoei and Arai.

Those leg guards look pretty badass. I'm thinking about getting a pair meself.
          Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

IMHO Icon is to motorcycle gear as Microsoft is to computers. It isn't what they bring to the market but how they market the product, bling and cheese shiate sells. Icon takes other companies ideas and sells the stuff cheap or makes it cheaper to sell. I see those gold plastic gloves all over the place, do they protect, no, not as good as a pair of Alpinestars Kevlars!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Re: Icon Field Armor

Originally posted by tzortn
              Has anyone seen the new field armor from Icon? The knee guards are an interesting alternative to full pants. If someone has seen them or has them I would be interested in a review.

http://www.rideicon.com/gearGroups.j...&parent_title=
              I have the vest and the quality is incredible. Extremely comfortable

decaldan
              MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
              LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
              HORSEPOWER RULES!

Comment

Working...
              X