X

Fieldsheer Expandable Saddlebag - First Impressions - Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fieldsheer Expandable Saddlebag - First Impressions - Update

I just purchased a set of these for my 06 Kat lat night and used them for the first time on my daily commute to work.

My initial impressions are that these are pretty good bags and mount securely to the bike. I was able to haul my lunch box easily as well as the other items that I need to travel back and forth. I was also able to leave the rain covers and my rain gear in as well.

I will post an update in a couple of weeks after further use.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

sounds good

but we need
    '99 Suzuki GSXF
    '67 BSA Spitfire
    '73 Triumph trident
    '35 AJS 350 side valve
    '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
    '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
    sigpic

Comment

First off let me say that these may not look the best on the bike but I don't mind the look, but they have gotten mixed reviews from those that have seen them and those that I ride with. See the pic and you be the judge.

I have been using these for about 2 weeks or so now and they work pretty well. I only have 2 complaints:

1 - I wish these opened with a dual pull zipper flap to make easier to load, but once you get used to them not bad.

2 - They mounting straps when you wrap them to the luggage rails they tend to allow the bags to slide forward. Not much but enough that occasionally you have to push them back. This happens especially when empty. Once loaded a bit not so much. I will be putting a strap around something in the rear to hold them in place.

I have ridden with these in the rain and the rain covers kept everything nice and dry on my 10 mile commute.

Overall if I had to rate these on a scale of 1 to 5 I would give them a 4
      Attached Files
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

They look pretty god, what did you pay for them and where did you order them from?

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Clean looking.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Got them from these guys:

Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

Price is on the site. I live local to them so I had to pay sales tax where you would have to pay shipping.

Hope this helps

Comment

I will post another update after the Ozark run at the end of Sept and let all of you know how they do on a long trip. I added a 52 liter top case to the Kat (see other thread in gearing up) and the GIVI rails allow for different mounting of the tie down straps and seem to hold the soft sides in place better.

Comment

Working...
              X