KBC Helmets Rock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KBC Helmets Rock

Hi Everyone,

I rode in to work for the first time with my KBC MotoDesign helmet. All I can say is, what a difference! There was minimal wind noise, the aerodynamics were 1000% better than the full faced Bell I was using.

I must say, KBC makes excellent quality helmets. When I picked mine out, I had a SHOEI RF1000 and I put them on one after another. The SHOEI is lighter, but the quality of the pads inside and the fit are very comparable in my opinion.

Plus, the KBC is SNELL and DOT like the SHOEI and Arai, but half the price. I got my helmet for $120 on sale at 20% off. The helmet cost me $95.

Just wanted to throw out a review. If any one is looking for a great quality affordable helmet, KBC is a great way to go.
    Attached Files

Nice looking lid..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Nice. I like my KBC too!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

nice lid, no one around here sells kbc..
        Hold on Tight.......

Comment

I like my KBC. I just wish it had less wind noise.

Comment

+1. Love my KBC TK-77, and it's predecessor, TK-7.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

If you can't find KBC locally, go to cyclegear.com and order it.

I'm surprised mine doesn't have much wind noise.

Comment

I've heard some other pretty good things about KBC.

Another great budget helmet I'd consider would be the Scorpion Exo's.
                2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

I must have tried on 40 plus lids until I found my VR-2 which is light and comfortable.
                  go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Can you confirm the ease with KBC's newer quick-release shield system? I believe they are now using a C-clip or something similar which has not gotten good reviews.

Comment

I agree I have a old VR-1 KBC and needed new cheeck pads contacted KBC and had them in less than a week.

Comment

I have 2 KBC lids. A Force RR with the naked lady, and the Excaliber TK-8 Power Ranger.
                        Have been pleased with both, but will be stepping up to a Scorpion 700 next.
                        It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
                          Can you confirm the ease with KBC's newer quick-release shield system? I believe they are now using a C-clip or something similar which has not gotten good reviews.
                          The C-clips on my Force RR have gotten stiff over time, and you have to be careful not to break the tabs off the shield when installing it. Got to have some strength in your fingers to get it open. My only biatch about it.
                          However, the quick release on the TK-8 is slicker than sliced bread. Don't know why they went away from it.
                          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

insane thing .. i have almost the same two helmets as tnvatdreamland .. he was spot on about the tabs .. but missing one has never seemed to make a difference even shield open at highway speeds.. kbc is great for the price .. and first hand knowledge when my head bounced off the highway @60mph .. i didnt feel a thing and got only minor scratches... weird thing though the sizing between the styles is off... my force fits looser at size med. than my tk at size large ... ohwell gotta love them either way
                            so many roads so little time

Comment

I have 3 KBC helmets I loved KBC helmets I have the tk 8 TK 77 and a TK 9 I think for the money the KBC are the best
                              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Working...
                              X