X

Back Protector inserts worth it??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Protector inserts worth it??

Hello, I recently bought a Kat 750, and a friend gave me a Joe Rocket Jacket. I need to get a back protector, but don’t know if an insert to go with the jacket will suffice. I’m I have to buy a back protector I don’t wanna get something that isn’t gonna do its job, should I find myself in need.

My question to you is; will a (jacket) insert do enough to protect my spine or should I just spend money on a spine protector that I would have to wear along with the jacket?

Anything is better than nothing.. Nothing is better that a true separate back protector IMO. In fact I think the racers still use them (not integrated into the suit.)

They generally have a lot more armor. You can tell by the price. Some are as much as a decent jacket..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Anything is better than nothing.. Nothing is better that a true separate back protector IMO.
      I have to agree with that statement. You can get back protectors from $70+, Some are foam some have hard plastic shells it just depends on the make and model.

If at all possible make sure you try one on before buying just to make sure it'll fit properly with your jacket.
      Kyle

Comment

ok, see the jacket that I have came with a foam pad ... and I know that im not gonna trust that to protect my spine.... I just wanted to know if an insert is any good. .... AND is there any correlation between the price of the product and the protection that is offered?

Comment

$$ doesn't always mean better.. Thats true.
          If you're really concerned:
          ~Try them on as woobie said
          ~Get one that is CE approved!!
          ~If using an insert make sure it fits perfectly. Won't help is it shifts.
          ~Get ready to sweat! I have one in my jacket..
          ~Search the web to see if there are recommendations....

Comment

Working...
          X