X

Mounting a small XM radio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a small XM radio

any suggestions?.....i got to run wires to my battery and hide the cigarette lighter style plug in under the seat and mount the radio with velcro as well as the antenna and run those wires under the tank....where o where should it all go?
    I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

Power is the easy part. almost all of the katanas wiring runs down the right side just follow that harness and youll be fine just remove the top two fairing screws zip tie the power to the harness. As for the antena goto Best buy car audio by the radar detectors they have a radar "cradle" bracket (plastic with suction cups) that is very adjustable, velcro or two sided tape the antena to it and place on the inside bottom of the windscreen. Or use the tank (magnetic antena) BB also has a suction cupwindow attachment for slid cradles about $18 its bendable and if attached right will be self supporting "s" shape cup at top bends sharply down and back (if bent right will rest against the wind screen) then bends another 90 deg toward seat and up. Depending on the size of the XM you may loose a lillte bit if speedo view

what type of xm do you have? I had a SkyFi2 attached to the inside of the wind screen same for the antana buy the vibrations are to much for the cig plug. looosens the solder connections. Now I have a Samsung Helix (Inno) and keep it either in the map pocket of my tank bag (full car kit), wear it on my belt or hook it to the tank bra.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X