X

dynojet kit and exhaust..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynojet kit and exhaust..

i just got a dynojet kit for my 98 katana...i am going to take it to a professional to install but i am eventually buying an slip on exhaust..do i need to rejet the dynojet to a aftermarket slip on??? what if i dont rejet the kit with a aftermarket slip on?? will it hurt the bike???

OR what if i jet the dynojet kit to an aftermarket exhaust and just keep on the stock exhaust untill i get a new one??? WILL IT AFFECT THE BIKE???

First of all... this might get more replies in the "Mechanics" section or even the "Mods and Exhaust" section. Maybe a moderator will move it for you.

Next... there is no need to rejet your bike after adding a slip on exhaust. The only change with a slip on is the sound. You gain performance by swapping out the headers to larger ones that flow better than stock. OR you could grind out the welds inside the stock header and gain some exhaust flow. So you can rejet with the factory can on it, and not worry about rejetting again for the slipon muffler.

Last.... why did you waste your money on a dynojet kit when there is a FAR superior kit available for your 98? Ivan's jet kits are the best on the market for the 98+ Katanas. Do a search on here for them and you will find all the information you need on them. If you haven't cut open the plastic on the dynojet kit, maybe you can return it and get your money back.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
    X