wierd touring screen thingy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd touring screen thingy

Has anyone tried one of these?:

And if so, could you relate your experiences?

I saw it after I bought a touring ws for my gen 1 b12. Wish I had gone with the lamimarlip, looks like it would work as good or better, but no experience.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I rab into a guy last summer with one and he loved it. He rode from Ont tp PEI and said it was one of the best purchases he ever made.

Comment

I have the touring lip. It helps quite a bit, but doesn't turn the Katana into a Goldwing.

Comment

Originally posted by jgalar
          ,,, but doesn't turn the Katana into a Goldwing.
          Who would want THAT??
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I had one on my Aprilia, didn't really make that much difference imo. And it looked wierd, better off with a touring type screen, just my .02c.
            Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

I have the touring lip. It helps quite a bit, but doesn't turn the Katana into a Goldwing.
              Elaborate please .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I just purchased one of those and mounted it on the bike. However all it has been doing here is storming so I have not had a chance to try it out yet. When I do, I will give a review of it.

There are 2 different styles. the standard lip and the touring lip. The touring lip is about 1.5 inches taller and has more of a curl to it. This is the one I bought. I think the touring one will work alot better than the standard.
                I love my Kat!!
                2000 burgandy 750

Comment

thanks!

I would appreciate the review. I've got the impression that the touring screen options for the late model Kats are less than ideal as well, and if this just sticks on and off and works even close I think it might be the way to go.

Comment

I search hi and low for a bolt on, replacement "touring" screen for my Kat... I really found nothing out there. Zero gravity had one I think but it really was only a bit taller and had no curl to it. For the price they wanted, i know i would have been disappointed.
                    If the weather holds out this weekend, I will be taking the bike on a 200 mile trip, mostly highway and a few twisties. I will then be able to tell how well it works.

Here are a couple a pics of what the touring screen looks like:
                    Attached Files
                    I love my Kat!!
                    2000 burgandy 750

Comment

It lets less air hit your hands and the side air hits around your arms instead of your chest. The air that hits your helmet does not cause nearly as much buffeting. Its not going to give you perfect airflow without any buffeting or noise.

A while ago while riding a large bug was coming toward me back pedaling to avoid impact. Instead of impacting at the top of the screen where he was heading for he hit the laminar flow and went over my head. I do get less insect impacts to my visor.

Comment

I like the idea but not the look. I may just get a different screen with the lip in the future.

Comment

Well Thank God for that!
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

It lets less air hit your hands and the side air hits around your arms instead of your chest. The air that hits your helmet does not cause nearly as much buffeting. Its not going to give you perfect airflow without any buffeting or noise.

A while ago while riding a large bug was coming toward me back pedaling to avoid impact. Instead of impacting at the top of the screen where he was heading for he hit the laminar flow and went over my head. I do get less insect impacts to my visor.
                            Thanks , that's the kind of info I was looking ofr . Coincidentally , after riding for 30 minutes today and catching so many bugs I was having a hard time seeing , sounds like the Laminarlip would been GREAT .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

any reviews on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X