• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting GPS

Any body have any pics or suggestions??? I have a Garmin E trex GPS
    Gripp & Regripp

2 suggestions,

1) put get a camera mount ( you can find them all overthe internet and i think a company makes em for the kat because i wanted to video tape my drag runs back in the day but i just never did.

2) get an extra tank get a friend to help you, and make a box on top of the gas cap (infront of it to the front wheel) and then mold the moun into the to of the tank to hold it. that would be secure, clean looking safe and you could make it waterproof if you so deisred.

Comment

Should be able to find something here

R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

The RAM mounts work well, as do the mounts from http://www.techmounts.com
        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Does any one actually have a picture of a GPS mounted on there Katana.

I have a Magellan Explorist 500, and would like to see what others have done. I would like to mount it for going to the rally.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Here’s another thread that talks about Garmin mounting. There are some pictures towards the end of the thread.

I’ve been looking into mounts myself for a pocket pc w/BT and a BT gps. The Ram mounts seem to be the best choice for any device.
            KTRSD

--Nemo
            St. Helens, Oregon
            1990 Katana 600

"I don't like political jokes, too many get elected."

Comment

What are you guys doing for power? My garmin nuvi 200 uses a mini usb with a cigarette lighter adaptor. How can I wire it to the bike?

Would the factory swivel suction cup mount glued to the windscreen be enough? or maybe should I screw it through the windscreen and just file the ends of the screws down to secure it?

It looks pretty good right above the tach.

Comment

I have a Garmin Streetpilot i2 I would like to mount on mine as well. Mine is not waterproof, so that is my main worry.
                Roops Photography|facebook|
                03 GSXR 1000
                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Originally posted by profroopchan
                  I have a Garmin Streetpilot i2 I would like to mount on mine as well. Mine is not waterproof, so that is my main worry.
                  dont ride in the rain problem solved,

or just seal it in a baggie

Comment

Working...
                  X