X

New Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gear

Just got my new gear today. The jacket cost me $100 on closeout (retail at $210) and the boots cost me $120 on closeout (retail at $200). Unfortunately the jacket does not have armor, but replacement armor is only going to cost $42.
    Fieldsheer jacket:

Oxtar boots:

I havent had a chance to test the gear on the bike, but general wear the boots an the jacket fit great.
    The boots do get uncomfortable to walk in after only 20 minutes or so, the inner soles are very hard. But that's how they are designed, it's supposed to let you "feel" the bike better. That's my only problem with the boots.
    The jacket is very comfortable to wear. All of the black leather is perforated, and there is a zip out liner, also there is a full circumfrence zipper to attach to fieldsheer pants. It has four outside pockets (two on each side of the zipper), and one interior. Unfortunately the bulkiness of the leather sleeves makes it near impossible, or atleast very inconvenient, to get into the lower two pockets (listed as "hand warmer" pockets, no big deal to me).While it didn't come with armor, there are pockets for armor. The pockets are velcro close and need to be readjusted before you wear it, or it scrapes your arms and is uncomfortable.
    Other than those small things I absolutely love the gear I got.

Nice!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

new gear

Nice gear good price although I sense a theme going on, the helmet wouldn't be red ,black & silver would it? the oxtar boots are supposed to be very good.
      '99 Suzuki GSXF
      '67 BSA Spitfire
      '73 Triumph trident
      '35 AJS 350 side valve
      '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
      '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
      sigpic

Comment

Technicaly no, it's red and black but the KBC emblems are silver, so close enough for me.

Comment

just fun

nice gear, I also have alpinestar leathers two piece and is also red/black and silver, like the lid scheme

'99 Suzuki GSXF
          '67 BSA Spitfire
          '73 Triumph trident
          '35 AJS 350 side valve
          '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
          '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
          sigpic

Comment

Nice suit and thanks for the compliments.

Comment

nice. where did you get them?

Comment

motorcyclecloseout.com And just in case you're worried, like me, it is just an online distributor, it isn't. It's linked to a store somewhere in Indiana (I think that's the right state).

Comment

Yes I buy stuff from them from time to time and they are very friendly. I just called there last week and they said they are now carrying Icon products.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

It was actually katanasoldier that first told me about the site, thanks alot. Both the boots and jacket shipped cost me $230, newenough.com, the next cheapest I could find, would have cost me $290+ s&h. So his tip probably saved me $70 and allowed me to get both, again thanks alot.

Comment

No prob, glad to hear that you saved some cash!

Comment

Wow that's a steal,good luck man
                        Watch for your Guardian Angel
                        750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Working...
                        X