X

Can i get some opinions pls!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i get some opinions pls!!!

Ok so im looking for new boots...i have worn Sidi before and they were comfy...but found a pair of Astars that i am thinking of getting. I plan on doing some track days and also will be going to Femmoto this year.

Any of you that have worn or are currently wearing Astars can i get your opinion please?

These are the ones i am looking at getting.

Alpinestars Stella S-MX 4

Thanks for any input it would be much appreciated.

Im also looking at this suit:

and thinking this helmet

or this one

a bit pricey but well worth it.

KCCO!!!
    Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

I'm on my second pair of A* boots. I have the SMX Plus boot. http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX_Plus_...1/p/20512.html

The one thing I dislike about them, is the angle of the heel... which makes it almost impossible to put the kickstand down without looking. It's a slight trick to get used to.... so check the heel and make sure you're okay if that happens.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks Steve! As far as comfort are they pretty good? I will be wearing them for everyday riding as well, so i want something that is comfy too. These are made for a woman so i am assuming they will be the right fit.

KCCO!!!
      Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Well, I'll bet you are actually looking for "quality" opinions, I'm too new to give you any of those.

Buuuuut, if you need a "fashion" opinon, wooo hooo :. All of that gear is hot. I'm a big fan of that "flutter" helmet, had they done it in red or yellow I'd have one.

Good luck at the track, and be safe!!!!
        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Thanks Michelle! I value any opinion you give out

Yeah i am torn because i like the blue but also like the red/pinkish one Although i think the blue would look better with the suit.

KCCO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by katchup04
            Thanks Steve! As far as comfort are they pretty good? I will be wearing them for everyday riding as well, so i want something that is comfy too. These are made for a woman so i am assuming they will be the right fit.
            Yes, I like all of my A* gear. I'm still searching to find gloves that I like for warm weather riding....

Fred loves to post this pic of me...

I actually prefer to wear my suit and race boots if I can, even if I'm not doing any "serious" riding because they are more comfortable.
            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Well, you told me to ask Miss Big Bucks, now about those boots…..

Pardon me if I’m way off base, cause could have a total “misconception” of “the track”. Just looking at the boot Heather picked, it doesn’t look as “supportive” or appear to be as “protective” as some that I’ve seen. For example check out this Sidi: http://www.newenough.com/product_pic...ack_yellow.jpg

It just looks like a gazillion times more protection that AlpineStars you selected. I am by no means wishing any bad luck on you Miss Big Bucks, but if an accident were to occur at the track wouldn’t one want a more protective boot on?

The Stella (VERY CUTE) looks like something you’d want for everyday riding, and walking around comfort? I guess what I’m asking is would it be better to have two pair of boots???

But again, I may totally have the wrong idea about riding the track.

BTW.....the blue would rock with the suit and your bike. But you really can't go worng with either of them.
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Oh, and what I would like to add... is that I love my A* boots while on the bike.

I hate the boots walking around.

Plan ahead with other shoes at the destination point, or bring them along.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves

Yes, I like all of my A* gear. I'm still searching to find gloves that I like for warm weather riding....

I actually prefer to wear my suit and race boots if I can, even if I'm not doing any "serious" riding because they are more comfortable.
                  i think i have that pic

KCCO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by katchup04
                    Originally posted by steves

i think i have that pic
                    Um, should I ask why you have that pic of me?
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Michelle i totally understand where you are coming from, i do have a pair of Sidi's picked out that i have my eye on. I have just never worn a pair of Astars before and not sure of the comfort level. As you know, as a woman rider we do not have as many options to choose form as far as a "womans" fit (but i have seen more and more coming out). Although i am not sure how much of a difference buying a "mans" boot would make i would prefer to get something that is designed for a woman.

I will find the pic of the boots and see what ya think.

KCCO!!!

Comment

Heather , I have the S-MX4 and love them better than my Teknic Lighting boots. My Teknic Chicane pants are sweet. but i really like the A* better, a better fit 4 me. I love my A* Stunt 1 leather..4 what its worth
                        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Heather here are a cpl of good siteshttp://www.motostrano.com/ nice gloves also: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
                          sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

ok Michelle here are the Sidi i was also looking at, i am going to look at both and see what i like better.

Here is another great closeout deal from New Enough! We bought all the remaining B-2 boots remaining in the US so we can offer this great price while the...

These appear to have a little more to them

Steve suggested i talk to Jimmy, so i think i may call him and ask him.

Thanks Waveman for the input. The first link didnt work for some reason but i saw the gloves. I had not even gotten to gloves yet thanks for reminding me.

KCCO!!!

Comment

I've got both and both are fantastic. SIDI will run a bit narrow, though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X