X

Looking for a jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a jacket

Ok, before the temp gets nice im buying an exhaust for my bike and i need a jacket....

IVe been looking around i went to a local place called iron pony...couldnt really find anything i like.....my bike is blue and white so im looking for a white jacket...

something with mesh so its not killing me in the summer heat.....but im a big guy.....im 6'3" 260 lbs and im not sure how these jackets are suppose to fit.....i beleive they are suppose to be snug not loose, but ive checked out a couple webcites and cant find what im looking for....

Rocky
    2006 Katana 600, Two Bro's - HID's
    2004 Dodge Ram HEMI, lots of mods..
    2008 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4, Mud tires

Check out this thread:

They are selling them on ebay...not sure about the prices...also check out www.newenough.com sometimes their closeouts have really good prices.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I know mesh is cooler in the summer but leather will protect that skin much better if you take a spill. I know someone took a spill here lat year wearing a mesh and it was not very forgiving.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Trust me , Ohio's not SO bad that a leather jacket will kill you . I have one , and live south of you . a BLACK one . Had it for a few years now . Won't ride without it .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I know its not going to kill you but i cant stand sweating in my helmet....even with the shield up my helmet is soaked from wearing jeans... so i was just looking for a non leather jacket....
          2006 Katana 600, Two Bro's - HID's
          2004 Dodge Ram HEMI, lots of mods..
          2008 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4, Mud tires

Comment

I really like my Nitro Mesh jacket. I will be getting a heavier one, preferrably leather, for the colder weather days.

But, the Nitro has the CE armor, lots of adjustment straps; zipper in the back to attach to riding pants; Snell and DOT certs... Not bad at all for an enter level jacket. Got mine for about $89.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I have a Joe Rocket UFO jacket. Love it. Fits good on me too and im 6'5% and 270. Adjustable in all the right places. Good for cooler weather and liner comes out for the hot stuff. Good armor too. I love mine. Just my .02

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
                I know mesh is cooler in the summer but leather will protect that skin much better if you take a spill. I know someone took a spill here lat year wearing a mesh and it was not very forgiving.
                Yeah, not sure if you were talking about me or not, but that was the case for me.
                All leather from here on out.
                Live and Lean.
                When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                Romans 3:23

Comment

My first jacket was mesh. When I had my accident, it held up incredibly well, kept me from breaking anything. (then again I drink about two gallons of milk MYSELF a week) I had bruises from the snaps, but overall, went well.

Bought a leather jacket and love it. Hot weather and all. Alpinestars all the way though.

Comment

crashed last summer in a Joe rocket Phoenix mesh jacket. Hit the pavement at around 55mph, not a scratch on me where the jacket was covering. My mesh pants did not hold up as well and I lost the skin off my right knee.
                    I saved up for a leather jacket, havent had it during the summer heat yet though.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
                      Yeah, not sure if you were talking about me or not, but that was the case for me.
                      That was you? Yup I remember that. Scary stuff. I have the mesh too but I don't use it that much and it has to be baking for me to wear it. Good for local around the base runs though.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
                        Klic, didn't you post some pics too? Damn, started looking for leather right after I saw that thread too. Glad I bought one. Thanks for taking the hit for me.
                        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
                        X