X

burn through a helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burn through a helmet?

someone was telling me there were in an accident helmet on and it 'burned through'. after all the no helmet talk this just got me thinking about it is all.

ive never herd of being able to burn through a helmet. the material seems way to thick. the guy said he slid and it ate through the helmet and took a patch of his scalp off... i asked to see a scar but he said you cant see it anymore....
    03 katanika

Well if the road is harsh enough to gring through an engine casing, I think it will eat a fiberglass helmet pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by notec
      Well if the road is harsh enough to gring through an engine casing, I think it will eat a fiberglass helmet pretty quick.
      well an engine casing also has what 300++ pounds of bike on top of it while its sliding. the weight would help alot with grinding it away. a helmet unless your head is trapped under something should just slid across the road....
      03 katanika

Comment

That is what I was thinking. You need the force to drive the helmet into the road surface. Although once you get through the shell the EPS is pretty easy to tear up, but it would take a lot to get through the shell.

Comment

Re: burn through a helmet?

Originally posted by iwannadie
          i asked to see a scar but he said you cant see it anymore....
          Right.. Like his super model girlfiend that moved away...

Comment

i can see it being possible if he slide on his head the whole way i guess.... but just think if he dint have it on

Comment

Re: burn through a helmet?

Originally posted by Black_peter
              Originally posted by iwannadie
              i asked to see a scar but he said you cant see it anymore....
              Right.. Like his super model girlfiend that moved away...
              Yeah, since hair doesn't grow over a scar I was thinking the exact same thing. You're killin' me BP!
              ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

we need the myth busters on this one lol. i can see Buster now being dragged along standing on his head.
                03 katanika

Comment

If it burned through to his scalp, imagine without a helmet, i'm calling BS though.

Comment

withg all the no helmet law talk? How would this get you thinking? If he wasnt wearing a helmet he wouldnt have a head. The pavement would have ate that instead of his helmet. I doubt that the story is true though. The guy is just a one upper. He has to have a cooler story then you.

Comment

Aye, that's first class BS, methinks.
                      When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - James Marshall Hendrix

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Comment

Working...
                      X