X

Intercom install ?'s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercom install ?'s

I have the nady pmc3x and it is great. It is a single earpiece and i have it velcroed behind the padding in my helmet and the mic running throu a hole in the padding. Is that how everyone else has it set up? Is there a better way?

Also, i've read a lot about earplugs and hearing loss. I took a 3 hour ride a few weeks agoa and had a major headache when i got back. But if i wear ear plugs, i won't be able to use an intercom. So what can i do to help the hearing loss issue and still use my intercom?
    2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Do you need the intercom during a 3 hour ride?

I have the same model..
    You know that is a simple unit maybe the solution is a
    earplug/earbud that blocks out the ambiant
    but allows the intercom to work...

Comment

yea i use it with another unit to talk to my friend on his bike. Do they make an earbud/plug like that? I read just yesterday somewhere that using stereo earbuds might help. I think i'm gonn pick up a pair and try it out.
      2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Huh... I guess I don't have the same unit..
        Mine can't use external devices.
        It's just three wires.
        Common.
        Mic
        Earphone.
        So if you found a good tight fitting earphone
        you could adapt it to add the mic with no worries.

Comment

Yea that's what i was planning to do, you think a drop in ohms might be a problem. I used to bigger amps not small usits like this. I don't know if the output is only mono or is ok for two ear buds. My unit has an output for external devices like two way radios and cell phones.

Comment

I have a style similar to the ones in the link, but we had a company come to our plant to do the molds for us. Mine are surgical grade silicone ( bright red) and are the most comfortable things I've ever stuck in my ear.
            NOTE: This custom product requires Ear Impressions. A do-it-yourself impression kit is available as an option, or you can obtain ear impressions locally. Please View Instructions Before You Purchase This Product. Get the most out of your earphones with Custom Molds. Perfect-Fit™ CEPM Custom Earphone Molds will dramatically improve the fit of your isolation earphones. With Perfect-Fit™ custom molds you get improved comfort, increased durability, an effortless, always perfect acoustic seal for the awesome bass response you crave, and your isolation level will be increased to 25dB or better. If you use foam tips or triple flanged tips, custom molds will probably not increase isolation enough to notice, but single and double flange tip users will notice a dramatic improvement in the level of isolation. Your earphone fit will no longer rely on a one-size-fits-all tip, but your new CEPM custom earphone molds will be custom made to fit your unique ear canals. (As a bonus, that means your buds can't borrow your 'phones--"Sorry dude, I would love to lend them to you, but they only fit me!" Perfect-Fit™ custom molds last for years and they are so comfortable you can wear them as much as you like. And because they last so long, they will ultimately save you money--no more replacement tips to buy! What will my Perfect-Fit™ Custom Earphone Molds look like? Depending on a number of factors including the shape of your particular earpieces and the shape and size of your ear cavities, our technicians will determine the best design for your personal custom earphone molds. In general, we will make for you either "Canal-Only" or "Full-Shell" molds. Both Canal-Only and Full-Shell custom molds provide almost identical noise reduction, because both styles of ear mold seal the ear canal completely. Canal-Only molds fit onto the stems of the earpieces in place of the stock tips that came with your earphones. As the name implies, Canal-Only molds do not encase the body of the earpiece at all. Canal-only molds allow the earpieces to sit farther down in the ear cavity for the lowest profile you can get with a given set of earphones, and canal only molds do let you rotate the earpieces a few degrees in either direction, which can be helpful in "fine-tuning" the fit of your finished earpieces. By contrast, full shell molds provide more support for the earpieces, but full shell molds do not allow any flexibility in placement of the earpieces. Of necessity, full shell earpieces will cause the earpieces to project a bit farther out of the ear because ear mold material must be placed between the bottom of the ear cavity and the earpiece in order to partially encase the earpiece. We generally will only make full shell molds if required by the small size of your earpieces. Earphones with earpieces that already fill the outer ear cavity will be made canal only. See Also

This is the company that made mine.....http://www.protectear.com/hearing_co...ion/humour.htm

Here's a direct link to the Biker Buddy .pdf file......http://www.protectear.com/products/B...BikerBuddy.pdf
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
            X