X

Sw-Motec Tank bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sw-Motec Tank bag

I did some looking around, didn't find any other pics, so I thought I'd post mine. Sure, it's a shameless plug to get my post count up so I can search the classifides, but it's also a pretty cool tank bag worth checking out.

The bag was purchased at Twisted Throttle, and after the model specific adapter ring it was just at $100. That seems a bit steep, but it comes with a really nice rain cover, and there's no way it'll scratch my paint, so I'm fine with the price. Take a look, and let me know what you think!
    Attached Files

mounting

Here's how it mounts:

-Four of the 7 screws for the gas cap are removed, and the attaching ring is installed with 4 new, longer bolts that came with it.
    -The bag is located on the top ring where you want it, then 4 holes are drilled and the top ring is bolted to the tank bag.
    -The locking pin is installed in the top ring, and it's string is laced to the "Pull" tab.
    -After that the bag just clicks right on.
    Attached Files

Comment

no touchy!

Couple more pics, mostly to show it not touching the tank, the way I like it!
      Attached Files

Comment

It's a real nice setup ! Looks good !

Comment

Re: Sw-Motec Tank bag

Originally posted by opelguy
          Sure, it's a shameless plug to get my post count up so I can search the classifides, but it's also a pretty cool tank bag worth checking out.
          Hey, if you want a real shameless way of getting your posts up, just participate in the 'temporary' word association thread (found in The Lounge) like some of the other folks. BTW, I like the setup as well.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Re: Sw-Motec Tank bag

Originally posted by opelguy
            That seems a bit steep, but it comes with a really nice rain cover, and there's no way it'll scratch my paint, so I'm fine with the price. Take a look, and let me know what you think!
            I thought those looked goofy until I saw how much
            my magnetic bag damaged my paint..
            Now I see the wisdom!

Comment

Hmmm that is a neat looking tank bag. How much room is there on the inside of it?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

not too big

This is about the smallest of the bags thaat they sell using this method of attachment, so it's not supposed to be all that big. It's mostly just for holding the wallet and such on the way to work. I stuffed it with a few ordinary sized items for you, though, so you can get a rough estimate of the size.
                Attached Files

Comment

dude i really like that!

Comment

Working...
                  X