X

HJC CL-14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HJC CL-14

does any one have a cl-14? i wanted to know if i could adjust the tenson it took to open and close the sheild the other day i stuck in the rain and it kept foging up and it wouldnt stay cracked open and 35 mph

I have this helmet and as far as I know you can't. The shield is held in the different postions by a plastic slot.

Comment

I have an HJC. It's not a CL-14, I have a CS-12, but I think they are all the same.

You may check the pivot points to make sure they are installed correctly. I was having problems with mine and come to find out a few days later the pivots weren't pushed in all the way.

If it is installed correctly, the little plastic bumps that make the clicks are probably worn down.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I have the CL-14, mine will stay open until I hit around 50mph and then it shuts tight like a gator's jaw.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

How old is the helemt? Maybe the dentents on the shield are worn down. I seem to remember mine staying open with out any problems.

Comment

a year and 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
              I have the CL-14, mine will stay open until I hit around 50mph and then it shuts tight like a gator's jaw.
              +1

Long Live the D

Comment

i swear thats how mine used to be i think something has loosened up i tyred to email them but they kept getting returned i tryed again today and it seems like it works so i guess ill find out

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                  Originally posted by katman05
                  +1
                  +2 (although sometimes it'll snap shut at a lower speed, if there's a strong wind blowing as well)
                  "The only way out is through."

Comment

ok i got a email back today and they offered to send me new base plates ans said if that doesnt help to bend the spring to give it more tension

Comment

Ive got a CL 15 and it can stay open just a smidge before fully closing to allow air to come in.

Comment

Just a quick heads up. This is an article specific to one race track. But most HJC helmets are banned on all race tracks. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=25781

Comment

Don't the HJC's have a 'weather strip' on the inside top of the shield to keep the circulation of air down in cold weather riding? It cuts down the airflow inside the helmet, I think...

SSR2004 - if your helmet has the stripping on it, would pulling that off help at all with the fogging issue and still let you keep the shield closed??

Good luck!
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                          X