X

Question on gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on gloves

Thinking of buying another set of gloves, just wondering if anyone has a pair of Joe Rocket GPX gloves and what your opinion are on them, or what kind do you have and how do you like them? Pro's and con's. Thanks.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

I think I have a pair of those. Are they the waterproof ones? All in all I figure the rocket stuff is decent value for protection.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have a pair of Joe Rocket Super Moto gloves. After I made a couple of modifications, I really like them. I soaked them in hot water and went for a ride when I first got them, and now they fit like ..... well... a glove. They have a knuckle protector that doubles as a vent for your hands on those hot days.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I'm not sure if the GPX glove is waterproof? Here's a pic http://www.newenough.com/product_pic...loves/blue.jpg
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I like JR gear...most of its affordable and a good value. Ive not had any problems with any of my JR gear not holding up well.

Comment

what really is the purpose of gloves?? to protect you hands if you slide?

Comment

Originally posted by shawn026
              what really is the purpose of gloves?? to protect you hands if you slide?
              Yes. Your natural instinct is to put your hands out in order to brace yourself from a fall. Armored gloves are to attempt to keep your skin on your hand instead of the road. They also protect from sun/wind burn in the summer, and cold air in the winter.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have the original GPX (hard shell knuckle doesnt vent, thats all i can see from the picture) anyways, the palm leather is very nice and even with out the knuckle venting they vent pretty well. The pinky finger is a little oddly constructed (at least different from my other jr gloves) in that its seam is on the inside of the finger (makes sense for protective reasons) but i find my ring finger likes to lay on the seam and bunch up a bit, hard to explain probally something I will just get used too. All in all i really like them.

Comment

JR makes decent quality gloves at a good price. Just stay away from the "air" styles with mesh panels. That stuff doesn't hold up in a crash and your hands are too valuable to risk.

Comment

Working...
                  X