X

Back Protectors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highsight2020
    Great review Brian. So the 7 plate one that Teknic has on their site is the same as the KNOX ones? I wear a Teknic one piece and love it. Anyway I have been looking for a while now for a new back protector and wanted the one that Teknic had for sale. So this gives me more information. I think I saw you at the 2000 nationals for WERA. Buddy of mine use to race in WERA. Mark Williams was his name. Also guys by the name of Allan Lawerence, Timmy Brewer, and a few others.
    The Knox ones are the previous yellow model (I think this is called the KC1, but I'd need to look it up) and the X1/X2000 silver and black racing model. They don't have plastic "pill bug" looking plates on them - it's a full back protector that covers your shoulders and also wraps around your kidneys, as well as having a tailbone protector.

We sell the racing model for $175, and again, I cannot stress how much I personally believe in their product. While it is probably purely anecdotal given the forces and variables involved, I truely believe it saved my life, or at the very least my ability to walk.

In our line of business you often try to be fairly non-comittal because you sell a wide range of equipment and product that serve their purpose well, but in this particular case I really have no problem having a very strong opinion.

- Brian Roach
    - SpeedWerks.com
    If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

if u ever needed a real world reason to get one, that would be it.

Comment

Working...
      X