Boot Recommendations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Recommendations?

Hey All,

I was at the dealership for my initial service on the Kat, and tried on some boots while I was there. I found a pair of teknic boots that were a size 44 EU but my feet seemed to swim in them. They did not have a 43 or 42 to try on.

I normally wear a 10.5 US normal boot, and the charts I have seen put this size at a 45 EU. What gives? Does each brand use their own unique sizing or something?

It appears I need to order online as there is not a dealership with any significant stock of touring boots for me to try out.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good boot source other than the normal sites such as kneedragger or newenough? I would really like a good place that understands returns or exchanges happen if something does not fit.
    ~Neil

Comment

Forgot to mention that I also would be wearing these at work 5 days a week and frequently on the weekend. Those look painful for daily use.
      ~Neil

Comment

I have Oxtar Matrix boots. They provide good protection and are waterproof. I have ridden for hours with them then gotten off of the bike and walked around with out any issues. I would recommend them.

You may also want to consider Alpinestar Ridge or Roam boots.

Comment

very comfortable to walk around in, super protective and very adjustable. I love mine

if you go to Motonation.com which is Sidi/Spidi's webpage they have a dealer locator that you enter your zip code and the type of apparel you're looking for and it'll bring up info if there is a store near you
          Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
          fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
          fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
          girls = yammah
          yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Originally posted by Belthasar
            Forgot to mention that I also would be wearing these at work 5 days a week and frequently on the weekend. Those look painful for daily use.
            You want motorcycle boots that you can also work in? That pretty much excludes all the GOOD boots....

+1 for Alpinestars and Dennis and his mullet.

Comment

I have these Nitro Boots, ride all day in them

I like them but would not be able to work in them all day (i also work in an office and it would not work with the shirt and casuals).
              Attached Files

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

I wear a pair of Icon Freestyle boots. They're so comfortable that I wear them all day at work and I once walked over 5km in them
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

id have to second the icon boots. i have a pair of motorheds i feel are pretty comfortable. they have enough protection for your ankle, and you could walk around in them. its all about prefference though. so try on as many as you can until YOU find a pair YOU like.
                  << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                  KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

I'll third the Icon boots...got a pair of Super Duty II's and a pair of the Field Armor Boots and I work in them...though they do get a bit heavy so I have another pair of shoes I keep at work (got this advise from the people here)...
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

My initial post perhaps did not get my actual question up front. My apologies.

I primarily am looking for suggestions on a good site that has a good return policy if the boots do not fit.

Regarding the boots themselves, I personally am liking the AlpineStars effex goretex boot, or the Oxtar Explorer Gore-Tex. (The low-key non plastic touring type boots are my current favorites.)

When I said work in them, this involves me sitting at a desk or working in a software lab, not construction or other high traffic type positions.

Just hoping to clarify.
                      ~Neil

Comment

Good choice in boots. I'd reccomend the Alpinestar.

A good site/store is Cyclegear, especially for people who've never purchased boots before. Their return policy is great, as you can bring it back to a store or return it through mail.

Wait for HS2020 to get back from the Gap, I believe he still works for them somehow....

Comment

I work IT...doing the same type of stuff...I still go with the Icon...spent the whole day in my Field Armor boots today...no problem...every day M-Th...I wear the Super Duty II boots...NewEnough.com I've heard has a pretty good return policy....but your best be is to find a store in your area or outside your area and try them on for sure...nothing beats getting the right pair the first time out...
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I have tried most all of the dealers in a near 100 mile radius. Don't these people believe in keeping stock anymore?

I tried on some Teknic Sports in a size 44 EU, and my feet were swimming in them. I normally wear a 10.5 US and from what I can tell a 45 is the EU equilivant. Tis why I am trying to find a good place with a good return policy.

Of course it doesnt help that my feet are almost a half size different
                            ~Neil

Comment

just like other motorcycle gear different brands and even sometimes different models are going to fit your feet in varying sizes. To be honest your best bet is to find a brick and mortar place with a good selection of boots for you to try on and either buy from them or once you find your size in the boot you want buy it online. You're really shooting in the dark doing nothing but buying online especially if you're not sure what boot you want or what size will fit you
                              Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                              fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                              fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                              girls = yammah
                              yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Working...
                              X