X

ECE vs. DOT/SNELL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECE vs. DOT/SNELL

So alot of the articles that have come out recently are sighting that in most practical applications (applications CAN'T be the right word here but I'm gonna use it anyway) an ECE helmet is probably safer than a DOT/SNELL helmet. I dont' have any sites to reference right now, but I can when I get home from work if people really want to read them. Anyway, where can I find ECE spec helmets? It seems that I'll probably have to order it from over seas, but I don't know what the newenough/tonker/"insert online superstore here" of Britain or Germany or whatever is. Any ideas/advice?
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

odds are that the ece won't be dot and therefore technically not legal to use here in the us. just something to think about.

Long Live the D

Comment

true, but i do most of my riding in Ohio, where a helmet is optional anyway. Has anybody ever been pulled over and asked to prove that their helmet is DOT?
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Check out the thread where someone was asking about helmet reviews...it is either in Katana Talk or the Lounge...Cyber posted up an article by Motorcyclist magazine that explains the difference of the many standards...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
        X