No announcement yet.
X

Can I machine wash my jacket?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, you guys could avoid all this trouble by buying a helmet with a removable liner .
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
      You know, you guys could avoid all this trouble by buying a helmet with a removable liner .
      Yes but what do you do about the vents and crevices...example I was looking at my helmet the other day....I was stuck on the side of the road with a flat, but that was a previous post...anyways...I noticed that there was dirt in the channels that pump air into the helmet...I was thinking man that gross...knowing that I breath in all that dirt that gets stuck in there...now dunking my helmet in a bucket of water with mild soap sounds good but will it affect the styrafoam (sp) that is supposed to protect you incase of impact? Hopefully it won't weaken or break it down..
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Both of mine have removable liners, but they still get pretty funky if I don't stay on top of them. Now, I do have rather cheap helmets at the moment, so maybe that's contributing to my "funk" problme. I plan on upgrading soo though. Yellow what kind of lid do you have?
        .....have I managed to change the subject from the orignal topic of this post?
        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER
          Yellow what kind of lid do you have?
          I actually have a few helmets, but the one I wear the most is my Arai RX-7 Corsair. It's great for the Florida heat so that's why I prefer it over my others. Also very easy to clean. I haven't noticed any very dirty areas by the vents, but if I did I'd probably use one of my wife's many, many vaccuum attachments to clean that out. I clean the exterior and the shield with baby wipes.

Oh, and yes, you have managed to change the subjcet. However, the original post is a couple of weeks old so hopefully linker has washed his jacket by now .

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Both of mine have removable liners, but they still get pretty funky if I don't stay on top of them. Now, I do have rather cheap helmets at the moment, so maybe that's contributing to my "funk" problme. I plan on upgrading soo though. Yellow what kind of lid do you have?
            You did, but it is a good topic.

Comment

Yellow what kind of lid do you have?
              I actually have a few helmets, but the one I wear the most is my Arai RX-7 Corsair. It's great for the Florida heat so that's why I prefer it over my others. Also very easy to clean. I haven't noticed any very dirty areas by the vents, but if I did I'd probably use one of my wife's many, many vaccuum attachments to clean that out. I clean the exterior and the shield with baby wipes.

Oh, and yes, you have managed to change the subjcet. However, the original post is a couple of weeks old so hopefully linker has washed his jacket by now .

Arai eh.....well nuff said!! There's a lot to be said for a man with an expensive lid on his head. I gotta upgrade, and soon!!! I have just put that Arai you mentioned on my list of possibilities. Hell if it keeps you cool in FL it's got to work in TN.

Hey, Linker.....have you cleaned your jacket yet (might as well pretend to get back on the subject.
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Arai eh.....well nuff said!! There's a lot to be said for a man with an expensive lid on his head.
                Nah, it doesn't mean anything other than I got a good deal. I got it on closeout at a local bike shop. Glad I wear a medium - seems like everyone else has a big head . It is my favorite now because it's very cool and very lightweight so would probably be good for a TN summer also.

Hey, Linker.....have you cleaned your jacket yet.
                Yeah, did you wash that jacket or what? How did it turn out?

Comment

Working...
                X