No announcement yet.
X

alpinstars anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woobie how much did you pay for them no one aournd here has them ill try looking again but i dont think i can get them but from dennis kirk

Comment

I have the t stunt jacket and matching pants.
      The jacket is amazing the pants suck they ride up.
      Gripp & Regripp

Comment

I bought an Alpinestar jacket for my GF and I was really impressed with it. She loves the fit and the construction is great.

Comment

I've got the GPS-3 boots. Fit great, well made stuff. And affordable!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            Originally posted by StraKat
            I've been using Alpinestar Ridge Boots for a year now and I love em.
            I wouldn't say I "love" mine , but I don't hate 'em . Especially for what I paid for them ! Yeah , good boots . But the velcro kinda sucks .
            is that the only thing you'd change on them or is there is more you dislike? just checking, becuz i'll be getting a new pair of boots b/4 spring. thanks!

Comment

The velcro is the only thing I don't like . It sometimes works loose when I'm danicing around on the pegs and comes undone . But they're plenty comfy to me , and seem like they have a pretty stiff sole (a good thing) and good ankle support .And they seem VERY waterproof (I trudged around in the snow in 'em for a few days !). Still hard to beat for the price .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                The velcro is the only thing I don't like . It sometimes works loose when I'm danicing around on the pegs and comes undone . But they're plenty comfy to me , and seem like they have a pretty stiff sole (a good thing) and good ankle support .And they seem VERY waterproof (I trudged around in the snow in 'em for a few days !). Still hard to beat for the price .
                I've got the Ridges too and I like them; but it's true that the Velcro can work itself loose. My pants are a tad short, so they can work themselves over the edge of the boots if the boots opens themselves up too much, which I don't like. Solved that somewhat with a elastic strap, though.

And they are really waterproof!
                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
                  I've got the Ridges too and I like them; but it's true that the Velcro can work itself loose. My pants are a tad short, so they can work themselves over the edge of the boots if the boots opens themselves up too much, which I don't like. Solved that somewhat with a elastic strap, though.

And they are really waterproof!
                  Hmmm , I DID think about doing that .... What did you use , like a big rubber band or something ? I was thinking of just wrapping some shoe laces around mine .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Alpinestars is a top notch brand...one of the ones we would highly recommend. If we could, we'd have everyone wearing top notch brands like Alpinestars. We definitely trust them to keep you safe. Excellent craftmanship, and they are starting to come out with much better designs (not so "conservative" looking).
                    If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

i use A* jacket and gloves and they are great and held up well when i crashed didnt get a scatch on me except my legs due to wearing jeans
                      The Katana's Big Brother
                      1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
                        I have GP-Plus gloves, a GPU suit, and SMX boots. I like them all.
                        Steve--you're a pretty tall guy--maybe 6'2"? How's the GPU for tall guys, and how close was it to what your "normal" clothing size is? BAsed on the fit chart, I'd get a Euro 58, but I'm not sure if I should go bigger.

I'm having a hard time finding a suit that I'm confident will fit me at 6'4" and 210lbs.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

I've got SMX Plus boots and no complaints here.

Comment

Originally posted by ProZac
                            I've got SMX Plus boots and no complaints here.
                            +1 - great boot

tim

Comment

i finally caved in and bought a leather a* jacket. i love it, it fits great. i'll post a pic sometime.. its blue/white/black.
                              if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
                                i finally caved in and bought a leather a* jacket. i love it, it fits great. i'll post a pic sometime.. its blue/white/black.
                                Which one you get?? Dyno? Stunt?

Comment

Working...
                                X