X

CRF230F....supermoto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRF230F....supermoto?

I picked up a little trailbike about a year ago and have done some trail rides. I did a supermoto school and was hooked. I've been itching to get back but with no money to buy SM wheels or a dedicated bike, I decided to take the little 230.

I put some Dunlop D404 and D406 tires on it (used in big cruisers), put a little more preload, uncorked the exhaust, rejetted and went riding. Riding it "sportbike style" with the body on the inside is very tiring, since the bike moves so much. Supermoto/dirt style is very easy, you just have to get used to the bike moving under you (which is disconcerting on such a soft bike.) The little Honda did ok, that is until i had complete and total brake line failure and ran off almost full speed into the hay bales. The bike and I came out ok, a little banged up but not too bad. I would recommend this as a cheap way to do supermoto, but definitely get your brakes upgraded with pads and lines at least. A bigger rotor wouldn't hurt.

Here's a little video I took

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...I&noredirect=1

Yee hah, what a hoot! Just good clean motorcycle fun... I enjoyed your video. Love my supermoto, but that's about how long I can stand to ride it, the seat is an azz killer...

Comment

fortunately for me, mine is not street legal and barely has enough power to get away from a fart, so no street wheelies for me! That would get me in trouble

Comment

Working...
      X