X

Downgrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stomahawk View Post
    Well that sounds great in theory, but to put 500 dollars into a bike that is worth 1000 isn't a very good idea. I Also need to do some body work so I don't want to put all my money in just yet. I am only a college student with the riding season winding down. I will try to shave the seat first, then just put in the r6 spring in and put a spacer in the front.

That's if you have T do it all for you I'm sure... You could get the springs and shock done for less, then do the forks yourself.

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 10-25-2011, 09:40 AM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm 5'5" and my Kat is just right.

Lowering links are a bad idea for the amount you need to lower the Kat I learned from Tmod, you need to reduce the suspension travel and set up the suspension for you.

So, get an 08+ R6 shock and send it to Tmod, along with a set of forks, wither off your bike over the winter or a spare. He'll get your vital stats (height, weight, inseam, riding style) and a very small amount of money compared to what you get for it, and send you back parts ready to bolt on. All you will have to worry about is getting your kickstand shortened.

It's a whole new bike once your done :
      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Unless you shim the shock and forks, and reduce the suspension travel, if you just use lowering links the first time you hit a good bump you will drag that nice body work on the pavement and ruin it. Or your head pipes. Please do this right.

Comment

Working...
        X