X

Two bike family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two bike family

Ok so I thought I would just put a little note up. Me and my girl love bikes. I started on a 91 Honda Nighthawk 750. Loved that bike. We rode it for a while. So she decided to get one, therefore my love with my Katana 750 was born. After some work on it she decided she was going to learn to ride by herself. After dropping it in the yard a couple times she realized it was to much for her. So guess what, I sold my Nighthawk and gave her the money for the Katana.
    Next thing you know we are out riding around and stop into the local Motorcycle shop and lo and behold she finds her a 2011 Honda CB250R. Funny thing is guess who rides it home.....you guessed it me. Thank goodness for mirrored faceplates. It is a neat little bike, fun as crap to play with in the yard, but on the road give me my Kat!!!
    sigpic

I'd love to hear how it is in the twisties once she's more comfortable with it.

I was talking to a salesman at our local Honda shop in the spring. Last year they got 75 cbr125's in and sold 74 of them. This year they were getting 40 or so cbr250's.

The smaller bikes so far seem to be selling well up here, and it adds a choice over the ninja 250.
    Kyle

Comment

Ok so I spent some more time on the 250 and have to say I am impressed. So I am going to point a few items out.

--1st. It is fun as crap to scoot around town on. Very nimble and peppey enough to shoot the gaps. Downfall that I see: Sometimes it is a little too peppy. I ease on the gas and it kinda lunges forward from a stop. I know everyone is gonna say CLUTCH!!!! Problem is the clutch just bams and releases. She is a little finicky. Other than that plenty of peep and mobility to scoot around town on I give it a thumbs up on that.

--2nd. Looks. I have to say I like the looks of the bike. The plastic is good and solid and flows pretty good. Now this is a black bike and of course is a pain in the butt to keep clean. However it is a sharp little bike and some pretty nice detail to it.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X