No announcement yet.
X

Widowmaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawi H1's (500cc) and H2's (750cc) I have under wraps a '72 H2 that looked like this at one point... the '72 H2 made 74hp @ 6800rpm.. which isn't too shabby.. with chambers and carbs you can near the 100ph mark...

It's on the list of projects... some day...

Wicked fast and frames like rubber bands, crappy suspension and poor handling but the sound and smell of a 2-stroke triple with come castrol in the oil tank just cant be beat... if your interested in them, check out www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com
    Lots of nice stuff there.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

You mean bikes like these?

RD350 Build thread

GT750 Build Thread

"We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

About the TL, I had a conversation with an english old timer over the weekend who owns one. He said "people only call it the widowmaker because the magazines told them to. Mine is just fine, stable enough under hard braking, and I even took my steering damper off, no problem"....

Comment

I had a 750 triple about 12 years ago. It rode like crap, handled pretty bad, but it was seriously nothing to mess with in a straight away. Sadly I could never get it running right and traded it for a cafe'd KZ. The bikes are monsters.
          My favorite bike I've ever had, and it broke my heart to sell, was a 1968 Yamaha 350 2 stroke. It wasn't much for power or speed but it was in great shape and ran like a top. It was just a beautiful bike.
          If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

I actually had a tow truck driver pull up beside me at a stop sign and tell me that I should probably replace the valve seals or rings because it smoked so much.

I replied if this thing stops smoking we got a problem. "Its a 2 stroke I told him"

I use to use match books to set the points on the RD350, but mine was really quick.

a friend of mine had like a 81 Kawi 750 and I could stay dead even with him.

The bikes were f^&* ups from the factory they were meant to be taken out on some country road and kept at 7 grand not rode around in bumper to bumper traffic
            Last edited by Jeiger; 08-10-2011, 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by kat600rdr View Post
              Pretty cool bike.

***Also the LT500 Quadzilla (4 wheeler) was called the widowmaker***
              A buddy rode a quadzilla into a tree on its rear wheels when I was in high school
              Nearly killed himeself , has lots of srews and metal in hid noggin to remind him of a very short ride
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I had a 73 H2 750 (1st american year sent) for a couple years. The problem was it always had a death wobble. The frame was like a rubberband, and the milage sucked! Like 20 mpg sucked. Aside from that it was a hoot to ride, easy to wheelie.
                My YouTube Videos
                My motorcyle map!

Comment

There is a Kawi triple that runs at the drag strip near here. I think they sound obnoxious, but they smell nice.

I prefer 4-strokes.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The problem with the Kawi triples as opposed to the Suzuki triples was cooling. The Kawi's were air cooled while the SuzyQ's had liquid cooling.

When the kawi triples were ridden hard (usually race bikes) the lack of air flow to the middle cylinder due to being directly behind the front wheel, would cause it to wear faster and some times seize up while riding. With Suzuki, you didn't have this problem.
                    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Any bike is a widowmaker, particularly when people do dumb things.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Since we're on the subject of 2-strokers.... how about some tasty bits...

The bike they didn't pay King Kenny enough to ride...

Last edited by GSXFJim; 08-11-2011, 12:04 AM.
                        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

^^^ Hmm.....
                          1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
                          2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
                          1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
                              Since we're on the subject of 2-strokers.... how about some tasty bits...

Nice jugs!!!....... I like how only the outside fin is polished. Very classy.

What jugs did you think I was talking about?
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yeah, I liked that green bike also, but she looked top heavy for some reason, can't quite peg it though...
                                "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Working...
                                X