No announcement yet.
X

2003 hayabusa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. A friend got a double bubble for his CBR and liked it alot. I'm 6' 2'', so on a lot of the sport bikes, I get more wind than I want.

Comment

Thats awesome, eventually i wanna move up to a hayabusa, i bet the power is intoxicating!

Comment

Originally posted by alchemist007 View Post
        Thats awesome, eventually i wanna move up to a hayabusa, i bet the power is intoxicating!
        Having enough power to haze the rear tire at speeds from 70-100+mph in 2nd gear can be very addicting (not to mention costly in rear rtire replacement).
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Get used to it. I change the rear tire on my bike every 3000, which is about every ten years, at the rate I've been riding the last couple of years.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
            Get used to it. I change the rear tire on my bike every 3000, which is about every ten years, at the rate I've been riding the last couple of years.
            Truer words have never been spoken... er... typed.
            Welcome to the Club!
            sigpic

Comment

I plan on getting a ZX-12R or Busa in the next year or so.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

would be nice to move up to a busa from a 97 kat 600
                1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

Originally posted by camarotool View Post
                  would be nice to move up to a busa from a 97 kat 600
                  It is nice! Did it myself just a couple of weeks ago from a '92 kat 600. I wonder how many Kat riders (or former kat riders) on this board also have a busa? Enough for a new sub forum, pehaps?
                  sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                  1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                  2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                  Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

been along time since i posted! update! bike is still amazing...although i REALLY need to have Terry do my suspension, and need to have this thing tuned bad, or my pc3 is bad..

to the previous post GSX92....watch for starter issues with that 2000, Fuel pump issues, and Fuel screen clogging! otherwise the bike is a grea one! you got the 220mph speedo!
                    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

I would never put anything past Terry. If he can improve a Busa suspension, I would be thoroughly impressed. I used to be like everyone else. I thought the Busa was the biggest, baddest bike there was. Than I rode one. I'll take a GSXR 600 over a Busa any day.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 12-27-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                        been along time since i posted! update! bike is still amazing...although i REALLY need to have Terry do my suspension, and need to have this thing tuned bad, or my pc3 is bad..

to the previous post GSX92....watch for starter issues with that 2000, Fuel pump issues, and Fuel screen clogging! otherwise the bike is a grea one! you got the 220mph speedo!
                        I bought mine through a shop and had it thoroughly gone through. After doing a lot of research, the percentage of people having the aforementioned issues is not a great as I was led to believe. Makes sense, though. You really only hear from those having the issues not the many more out there without issues. I will keep a watchful eye on it, though

By the way, I don't have any of the touring accessories added to my busa and I still think its very comfortable for long rides and it doesn't feel as heavy to me as my Kat did, but then maybe its just the extra power

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        I would never put anything past Terry. If he can improve a Busa suspension, I would be thoroughly impressed. I used to be like everyone else. I thought the Busa was the biggest, baddest bike there was. Than I rode one. I've take a GSXR 600 over a Busa any day.
                        I still think, at least for me, its the biggest, baddest bike there is...its just not for everyone. I certainly think it is more versatile than a Gixxer.
                        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

One of the cool things about my Kawasaki Concours 14 is that they took their biggest baddest bike, the ZX 14, gave it minor tweeks (the C14 and ZX14 share the seat, gas tank,frame,brakes,block among other things) and turned it into a great sport tourer.

It would be cool to think what kind of ST bike that Suzuki could have made out of the 'busa. Add some bags, shaft, computer read out, abs/traction control, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                            One of the cool things about my Kawasaki Concours 14 is that they took their biggest baddest bike, the ZX 14, gave it minor tweeks (the C14 and ZX14 share the seat, gas tank,frame,brakes,block among other things) and turned it into a great sport tourer.

It would be cool to think what kind of ST bike that Suzuki could have made out of the 'busa. Add some bags, shaft, computer read out, abs/traction control, etc.
                            Technically, the busa is a ST bike...at least that's the class it ended up in. They also have the B-King that has the busa engine but a more upright seating position.
                            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

wasnt overly looking for a quickest bike nor badest. i wanted something with power and comfort.

yes by all means the BMWs1000RR or the new ZX-14 or new GSXR1000 are far superior bikes in power, and turning at this point in time. but im not all about that, i like my comfort and the cheapness of the bike ....the legacy is also good though

really wish they would make a GEN3 that is upto date
                              03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                              04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                              08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                              10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                              05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                                wasnt overly looking for a quickest bike nor badest. i wanted something with power and comfort.

yes by all means the BMWs1000RR or the new ZX-14 or new GSXR1000 are far superior bikes in power, and turning at this point in time. but im not all about that, i like my comfort and the cheapness of the bike ....the legacy is also good though
                                That's why I ride a Bandit 1200... Cheap to buy, cheap to repair,bullet proof & powerful motor. does 0-60 a notch under 3 seconds .

Honestly though I would take a B-king over a Busa any day of the week!
                                Last edited by Jedz123; 12-31-2011, 08:34 AM.
                                Jedz123...

1991 Katana GSX600F (WINTER PROJECT)
                                1998 Bandit GSF1200S Daily rider

Comment

Working...
                                X