X

'00 SV650 - First ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '00 SV650 - First ride

I picked up an '00 SV650 for my wife for her B-Day. Of course I had to test ride it first to see if it was something worth buying.

I'm 6-2/230 so at first it felt a bit small, I'm longer in the torso than in the legs so it feels like I'm sitting 'on' the bike rather than 'in it. Being a twin its narrow and the reach to the grips is comfortable.
    Suzuki claims 417lb wet and 64hp at 9000rpm... but it feels much lighter and torque seems higher than the 45ft lb than that.
    Once I found where it likes to run it turned into a blast ride, even with the worn rubber it wanted to turn in pretty easy, almost to the point that if you had to put a foot down to 'flat track it' you could..
    The carbs had been gone thru the day before so the throttle response was right on.
    I rode it for about 10 minutes or so, mostly on side streets that were in the hills which made it fun with the torque of the 90 twin. The brakes felt plenty strong with just new pads, the rear i didn't like so it's getting a new rotor, pads and fluid just because.
    I can't ride this bike. why?.. because to me it's a hooligan type of bike, I'd get into trouble with it easily.. It's better ridden by her..
    Last edited by GSXFJim; 04-20-2011, 03:41 PM.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
    I can't ride this bike. why?.. because to me it's a hooligan type of bike, I'd get into trouble with it easily.. It's better ridden by her..
    You think that's temptation? Try riding an '05 SV1000S with FI every day. I'm honestly surprised I'm not pulled over more than I already am...
    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Nice choice for a women... easy to ride and not to high... usually it's one of the favorite first woman's bike... that's what I heard... Hope your wife loves it! Enjoy your rides!

Comment

Working...
      X