My 1st Ltr bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ImportRacer3 View Post
    No offense but screw a cow, busa all day heh
    lol coming from a guy that doesnt own a busa or a zx lol and Not even 2 hours ago i just raced an 08 busa and beat him on the freeway. shocking actually, he had a full brocks exhaust and power commander. Mines bone stock running race fuel Sorry mr. busa, but ill give you another shot someday ))

Originally posted by wickeded View Post
    So far I'm loving this bike but there are two things that are annoying me:

1- the shift indicator light comes on to early ( at around 7k RPM) for my riding taste
    2- the frame gets hot as hell
    my shift indicator comes on at 8k... its just an "indicator" tho... u dont need to neccessarily pay much attention to it. and agreed to the frame getting hot. i burned my leg i couldnt tell you how many times on my old 99 r1
    Last edited by STULER; 05-08-2011, 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by stuler View Post
      lol coming from a guy that doesnt own a busa or a zx
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        Glad u liked that
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

That's a gorgeous bike wickeded.

Comment

Originally posted by kleaving View Post
            That's a gorgeous bike wickeded.
            Thanks man!
            I originally wanted to get the Raven color but I'm glad I got the red instead.
            http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

enjoy your new ride... im thinking to get gsxr 1000 or R1 after my kat
              2002 Suzuki GSX-750F
              2007 Subaru Impreza
              2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Comment

You guys know you can change when the shift light comes on right?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Curious..... what shift light????? I've always gone by sound and rpm's. Am I to understand that newer rides are built for the "metally challenged"?
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    Curious..... what shift light????? I've always gone by sound and rpm's. Am I to understand that newer rides are built for the "metally challenged"?
                    These bikes aren't katanas, they were built for the track. Well not the 14 or busa but the rest are...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      These bikes aren't katanas, they were built for the track. Well not the 14 or busa but the rest are...
                      My daily ride is the 96 Thunderace (1000r) that's in my profile somewhere....... there's actually a shift indicator on newer mounts??? Wow..... I'm ancient.
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Lol yup, mines programmable to any rpm and you can choose flash 3 flash or off

Comment

Lol yup, mines programmable to any rpm and you can choose flash 3 flash or off
                          I think my first choice would be to set it on "off". ...... then again, it's how well you know your bike and what it'll sound/do @ redline. Apparently I'm going to enter another learning curve. Are the "lights" simply for fuel economy or a rev limiter?
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Looks nice man, i love having a liter bike as well, and i love my V2 torque but yours is faster im certain

Comment

You guys know you can change when the shift light comes on right?
                              Shortly after my post I read my manual and found out I it can be changed or turned off.

Originally posted by akeithan View Post
                              enjoy your new ride... im thinking to get gsxr 1000 or R1 after my kat
                              Thanks!
                              Last edited by wickeded; 07-08-2011, 09:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

I like my progressive 5 light shift light. It goes across the side of my dash and alerts me I am approaching the time to shift. When on the track hitting it hard with other riders I could not always here my bike and since I was tryign to stay in the upper revs anyway it was totally different then normal riding.

That said on the street I never use em. I see them flicker everynow and then but I know the bike well enough and can hear it to know when to shift...
                                I am a Penn State fanatic.
                                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X