X

Kawasaki Zx-10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki Zx-10

Okay, I know what your thinking. A kawi? I have been looking at and reviewing specs and am thinking about getting a new bike. Does anyone have or has ridden the zx10. I am pretty sure that is what I want but want some advice before i actually fork out the cash. Of course I will be keeping the katana and possibly teach the gf to ride. What do you guys think of the 10r, even though its a kawasaki?

Are you ready for a liter bike? The ZX10R is a fantastic bike, as is the R-1 or the GSXR 1000. Honda makes a mighty fine liter bike as well. Yes, this is a Katana forum, but many of the riders here have moved on to "other" rides.

Comment

I think the more appropriate question is are you ready for a 10R? They are mind numbingly powerful.

Yes, if you want to buy one go do it.

Oh wait...you're not buying new are you?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

From your avatar pic, you look young- have you checked out the price of insurance on one?
        As for the comment :"Yes, this is a Katana forum, but many of the riders here have moved on to "other" rides"

Many of us have gotten other rides but still ride our kats. My new '11 Concours 14 still has a temporary license plate on it, yet I still took out my '91 katana 1100 for a ride today.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
          Are you ready for a liter bike? The ZX10R is a fantastic bike, as is the R-1 or the GSXR 1000. Honda makes a mighty fine liter bike as well. Yes, this is a Katana forum, but many of the riders here have moved on to "other" rides.
          +1

It all depends on what you want to ride and for what reason. Oddly enough....the older I get , the more I'm leaning to something like this...
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKFucw8EBA"]YouTube - 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster[/ame]
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

thats some serious torque!!

my buddy has a ZX10 that i have ridden a hand full of times, its an 05. i like the styling, the power is amazing...the front wheel power lifts of the ground SUPER easy.....

BUT: i dont really like the seat position. i find modern sport bikes to mod be comfortable...although mabey if i rode one everyday like i do that KAT it would be more comfortable. i think the bike overal deff. holds its own.

reliability wise, talk to SIN who has seen a fair amount of these engines and bikes. im not sure hes Fond of Kawi due to thier transmitions.

personally, i think Kawi's look the best, GSXR feel more comfortable and wider, Yamaha...a great track bike but due to powerband not overly friendly in town, Honda...Supersmooth...fair balance between looks and comfort..seems to cost a little more though.

liter bikes are awsome by all means, but i would look at insurance differences between 750's and 1k's.....the 1000CC bikes seem to see a HUGE! increase in insurance price! and really, a modern 750 seems to hold its own fairly well
            03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
            04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
            08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
            10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
            05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Yeah but a 750 is not a 1k, and the only 750 is the gsxr...ewww...

Get on kawiforums, do some research. You will find that the Kawasakis are just as bulletproof as the Katanas...

The ZX10 is a hell of a bike, people who buy Kawasakis buy a Ninja because they want a Ninja, and nothing else will come close.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

the ZX10 is just scary....

the zx14 is long and smooth, even the CBR1000 is silky smooth. The ZX10 was designed to eat small cuddly animals and children. Its just a hardcore badazz mean sumbitch of a bike. I would put it at the top of the liter bikes as far as raw power.
                if your looking for a smooth liter bike for comuting and touring and sunday rides go buy an R1, CBR or Zx14. if you looking for a bike that will scare yourself and others around you go try the ZX10.
                as for the gixxer 1000. it does everything just about perfect, but the zx10 is all about performance... oh and the brakes...holy ****... the only other bikes with brakes that good would be the VFR1200 abs
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

kawi's r awesome! What year zx10 you looking at?
                  Godspeed
                  CSBA #1167
                  Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

A lot of talk about Kawis on here but mine has given me no problems. The transmission has been ragged from doing the fastest 1/4 miles you can do with a 250 pound rider, and it's still solid as a rock after 4 years.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. And D-Clark, I get the young bit alot. Heck i even get carded buying copenhagen sometimes, but i am almost 33 and have been riding streetbikes for some time. I was looking at an 08 ZX10, but after some more searching I found a sweet deal on an 04 R1 that I couldn't pass up. I will be picking it up tomorrow.

Comment

well, guess there's no point telling you my ZZR1200 is a beechin' masheen now is there...?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

looks like you just did haha.

Comment

Sr1000?
                            96 Suzuki GSX750F
                            89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                            05 Yamaha WR450F
                            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

I like the R1 personally. The '11 ZX10R is suppose to be a VERY comfy bike with a kick in the nutz for performance.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your new R1 though, I've liked the styling for quite some time.
                              sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                              '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                              '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Working...
                              X