X

Boulevard m50?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boulevard m50?

I just sold my first bike an 01 Kat 750 I realy liked the bike but after surgery the slight forward riding position was a pretty hard on my shoulder. I'm looking into geting a cruiser I'm still pretty new to motorcycles (been on four wheelers my whole life). My best friend has a 2005 M50 he is thinking about selling me for 3000 fully loaded Sissy Bars, Sadle Bags, Highway Bars, Jardine Exhaust, and a I-Pod speaker set up. So I was wondering if any one might have had any experience with this bike? The only problem is he is still not a 100% sure he wants to sale it. So I am also looking for sugestions...Nothing smaller than 800 cc's Somthing nice for two up riding

No personal experience with the M-50, but I have ridden my dad's C-50T. The engines run really nice for a midsize twin, plenty of torque down low and rev out decently up top. My dad gets around 60mpg with his most of the time (he is a very slow rider), never really in a hurry to get anywhere. I think the M50 would be a great bike to cruise around on or even to do some touring, since the range per tank is much better than the bigger cruisers, along with it being lighter and easier to handle in the corners.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

M109R...drool...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Like psycho, I don't have any experience with the M50 except for sitting on them and if they're as comfy goin down the road after a while as they are standing still, it will be one sweet ride. My uncle has the C50 which is the same engine as the M just different appearance. It's a nice bike, good torque like psycho said. One thing my uncle doesn't like is when riding 2 up on the highway (illinois 55-65 mph "limits") he wishes it had more power. If you want some more info, check out the intruder alert forum. How many miles are on the bike? That's one heck of a deal imo
        "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

I owned this bike (05 Suzuki Marauder) for nearly a year before getting my first Kat. Unless it's super tricked out, he's asking about a thousand too much. My complaints are that it seemed small (I'm 6'2) and slow. That's just my opinion.

I'd look for a used Sportster of the 883 variety or a Honda of the Shadow (750) or the VTX variety (1300). I ride an 03 ZZR1200 now, but also have an 06 Honda VTX1300C which I bought new and it has plenty of umph and has been as dependable as our Honda cages.

My bike got less than 120 miles per tank, and that wasn't good for the wide open spaces of Texas and New Mexico. It also had Cobra straight pipes, and maybe that hurt the mpg. But if you like the M50, go for it. It's a nice bike overall, but you'll miss the quickness of the Kat.

ps=there are sport bikes with less forward lean than the Kat. You might look into that..
          Last edited by zuma; 08-21-2010, 08:39 AM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
          X