Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone have any experience on a TL 1000?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the upgraded SV1000 K5. Being the later model, it really doesn't have any problems except for the aforementioned boiling crotch and ankles. However, I've always heard the the old TLR's were plagued with problems. You can always check out the boards at sv-portal and they'll help you out. Also, isn't the TLR the bike they called the 'widowmaker'?
    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
      Also, isn't the TLR the bike they called the 'widowmaker'?
      I'm pretty sure that was the TL-S, on account of the headshake and wheelie happiness. I don't believe the TL-R had the headshake problems that the TL-S did, and I never heard of anybody cracking a frame on the R like I have about the S. A friend of mine had a TL-R and he really liked it. It wasn't all that incredibly fast (10.90 with a 1.7 60'... Still faster than a Kat 750), but it was cool, sounded nice, and served him well until he wrecked it.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
      X