X

2005 Honda VTX1300C

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Honda VTX1300C

This weekend, I'm going to look at and maybe buy a 2005 VTX1300 with less than 1000 miles. Owner passed away 2 years and and bike has basically sat in garage since. Anything in particular I should look for?

Wilson

A leather vest, a brain bucket, and some sunglasses.

Seriously, though.... I think they are pretty reliable bikes. I wouldn't know what specific issues to look for on them, but a buddy of mine has been rocking a VTX1800 for quite a while (and abusing it thoroughly) and hasn't had even a hiccup.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Tassels?

No self respecting cruiser rider would ride without tassels.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I've owned an 06 VTX1300 since the summer of 07. In the meantime I've gone through 3 sport bikes since, but never had a thought about getting rid of the VTX1300C. I won't do it. It's not a typical cruiser, and I owned a Suzuki Marauder as well as a Sportster 1200 Custom, and traded them off easily, but will probably have the VTX1300C forever. The only mod is the Socal solo seat, upholstered in orange stitching..the C model is so -itchin' right off the showroom floor that it's all I needed. Candy metalflake orange...mmmmmm hmmm. It has plenty of umph and handles like no other cruiser I've ridden. Nothing goes wrong with these bikes, so you're looking for two things basically...

1. maybe new tires, probably not though
        2. the guy who gets there before you and rides off with it

It's the sort of non-sport bike that a sport bike rider can really dig. The C model is the one with the bobbed back fender and the scanty front fender and the large front wheel. The VTX1300R (fuller fenders) is similar...it may have floorboards...and the VTX13400S is the same thing as the R, only it has spokes. Now how do I get in touch with the seller? ha....I think you'll dig the bike.

It weighs less than the 1800, is nimbler, and easier to throw around, being 100 or so pounds lighter. I'd prefer it over the 1800.

I'm sure glad I responded. Ha!
        Last edited by zuma; 02-24-2010, 09:24 AM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
        X