X

Ducati S4R 996

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducati S4R 996

Goes around a corner like nothing I've ever ridden.

2005 Monster
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mambopalace; 11-16-2008, 12:00 PM.

nice duc but how does it really ride. suspension stiff? i bet it has tons of torque ,i need details

Comment

Quite interesting looking.

Comment

?????? Where's the review?
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
          ?????? Where's the review?
          That was it.

You wanted more?
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post

Shouldn't Nero be using that image?
              I take that back, he'd want to use this one
              -
              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Ducati S4R Monster

Originally posted by cameron View Post
                nice duc but how does it really ride. suspension stiff? i bet it has tons of torque ,i need details
                I am 5' 9" and my feet are flat on the ground when astride the bike.
                Holds less than 4 gallons of PREMIUM fuel - but at last check I was getting 53 miles per gallon.

The rear seat cowl is plastic and is held on with 2 thumbscrews on the underside - it removes quickly and exposes the rear portion of the seat for a passenger but I don't think a passnger would want to be back there for any length of time.

Fuel Injected.
                Hydraulic clutch. Easy clutch lever pull.
                Brembo front & rear Brakes.
                Throttle is very sensitive even after adjustments have been made.
                Takes a little getting used to but it might be different on another, same machine.
                Front fender is carbon Fiber - a $249 option. I took it off and replaced it with a new red fender that I had in a collection of parts. It's just a matter of personal choice.
                Belt covers are Ducati Carbon Fiber as are the radiator shrouds.
                The fairing keeps the main wind blast off of your chest but doesn't do much else. A taller windshield is available from Zero Gravity.
                There is NO storage room for anything. On the Underside of the seat, there is a small compartment for the tool kit which is worthless and the owners manual.
                Sidecovers are Ducati Carbon Fiber - there are wiring connections behind them and nothing else.

Very lightweight and It rides excellent - The single shock has a multitude of adjustments to fit your needs. Forks have adjusters also for a soft to hard ride/damping. The seat is very comfortable - I did raise the handlebars 1" with a set of GenMar handlebar risers and it made a heck of a difference. Lots of Torque, Handles with very minimal effort on the riders part. Exceptional front brakes - the rear brake is like a bicycle coaster brake - not much there.
                Single sided swingarm for easy rear wheel removal.

It's water cooled.
                Oil changes are very simple - it has a spin on filter.
                The tank is hinged and raises up and is supported by a prop to give access to the sealed battery and air filter.
                I put on a G.P.R. Titanium exhaust system - it now sounds like a Ducati is supposed to sound - Not loud but a powerful sound. The original exhaust system is very heavy and has no sound at all. The GPR system reduced weight by 25 lbs.
                Wheels are made by Marchesini - some type of alloy and extremely lightweight.
                Michelin radial tires.

Woprmanship is exceptional as is attention to detail.
                This is the second Ducati Monster I have owned over a 7 year period. First one was a 2000 M900ie Monster and it was also a fine machine that was very easy to maintain.
                The '05 996 I purchased about 6 months ago, used, with 247 miles on it for $7000. Original owner just didn't like it and I was looking for one but was always scared off by the $13,000 price tag.

My racer boy days are over, I'm 61 years old but I can say this bike will keep up with the best of 'em. I also have a 2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 and the Duc will wind up thru the first 3 gears leaving the Kawi behind but then the ZRX comes on strong after that.

Anything else I can tell you, let me know.
                Last edited by mambopalace; 11-22-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Photos S4R

A couple of pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

nice review. i would love to ride one to see how different from my 996 the duc is. this bike is a looker and i love the paint. and it sounds like it will jump off the line. and i really need one of the tank props, ill be making one soon. ive always love watching these ducs fly around tracks. thats kinda what pointed me twards my super chicken.

Comment

Hottttt Ride!!

Comment

nice review! but do you even have a kat??
                        sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                        k9 GSX-R 600
                        GO VOLS!

Comment

Yes I do

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
                          nice review! but do you even have a kat??
                          I am presently rebuilding a 1991 750 Kat and expect to have it done in 3 weeks.

Complete refurb front to rear.

1991 750, presently getting a total refurb front to rear. I expect to have it complete in 3 weeks. Been working on it for the past 6 weeks (a little every day)
                          Last edited by mambopalace; 11-26-2008, 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

cant wait to see it got any pics of your progress?

Comment

Love the monster, nice looking ride .. though not fussed on the white wheels.
                              2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                              Black
                              Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                              Red
                              Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Working...
                              X