X
X

Katana 750 vs Newer VFR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC suuucks, sounds like exactly the bike I'm looking for other than that vtec.

I was hoping to get a bike around the years of 03-05. Good thing I have all winter yet to decide eh. May come down to what bike I can find first for a good price come spring time. CBR or VFR. yes Im impatient!

Comment

After reading the above postings, I feel even better about my purchase of a 750 Kat. I'm sure the VFR is slightly smoother, slightly better handling, and slightly more technologically advanced, but my brand new 2006 Kat cost me half of what a new VFR lists for. And the dated design of the Kat just means it's easier to work on, although it will be less likely to need any serious attention...

Comment

I wouldn't count out the 6th gens. It's a great bike. I owned an '05 Kat 750 and the bikes are very similar. The vtech thing is really nothing. I have 17K on mine and have had it come in and out of vtech in all types of situations. It never upset the chassis and has never been a concern.
        The only thing to keep in mind is the 16K service which can be pricey.
        Blue 2005 Katana 750
        crashed Cherhola skyway 7-3-07
        totaled by State Farm 7-23-07
        purchased 2006 vfr 800 8-24-07

Comment

I rode a 00 VFR for over 16k miles. It never needed anything other than fuel, chain lube, air in tires, oil/filter change and chain lube. Still kicking myself for selling it.

Comment

Working...
          X