X

1995 Honda VFR 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Honda VFR 750

A couple months ago I saw this bike at a local shop and fell in love with it until I saw the price tag. Well I had to go in there today for a battery tender qoute for my father and I. Well they wanted a 4900 for the VFR and I was completely turned off. I went in there today due to the off season and picked it up for 2900. I sold my R6 and decided to pick up this bike. It has 20K miles and has had a lot of engine work done to it plus its in perfect condition. I took it out on 2 test rides and love it. The seating position is like the Kat but smaller tank to put your legs around also its not as heavy. The seat is comfortable, engine is pretty powerful, bike is the smoothest running/shifting bike I have been on. I am happy with the purchase and the bikes power.

Congrats man, nice price. Any piccies?

Comment

Congrats on the new bike. Those Honda V4's have always been smooth running engines, and the VFR's seem to hold their value much better than most other bikes.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

I will try to post some pics tomorrow for you guys...

I couldn't handle the R6 anymore in terms of discomfort and that, I have grown out of the adolecent stage I guess.

I have deen doing reading and VFRs are real hard to find at a decent price. I have a 4th generation one which is praised along with the 5th gen ones. The 4th and 5th gen ones go for much more then what I paid for mine even on ebay.

From looking at the forums there are a lot of members with bikes that have over 100k on them and many of them are with in 30-80k range. So it looks like these bikes last damn near forever. Mine is in perfect shape and from when I looked at it it has new oil, brake fluid, clutch hydraulic fluid, and coolant. The tires are the Dunlop qualifier 208's which are meh and I hate them. The front end is starting to cup some more may just have flat spots from sitting. The rear end is starting to square off a bit as well.. They made me quite a deal with getting new tires installed but wouldn't front them because of the price they put the bike at already. So I bought a set of continental road attacks(courdesy of you guys this will be my 2nd set) so I can tear them up in the spring.

Comment

Congrats!!
          sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Dude, You got a good deal! Enjoy.

Comment

Ill try to get some pics tomorrow I have been busy with school lately. I had to prepare for a test in precalc and economics. Tomorrow I have to change the starter in my brother in law's car then I will get some pics.

The bike is literally the smoothest bike I have every been on.

Comment

I'm officially jealous. I had a '84 VF700F and it's the best bike I've ever owned. (Sorry Kat but it's true.) The VFR is even better with a Corbin seat and Metzler tires. I'd say enjoy the bike but how could you not?
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!!!!
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Sorry about the delay with the pictures but how do I host them on here? I don't have a server or anything and am having bad problems with putfile.com.

Comment

My first bike was a Viffer, I really loved that bike. Maybe when my Kat goes to heaven I'll get another Viffer. Congrats on your buy.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I had to get the tires replaced and got my vfr back yesterday with new continental road attacks. I ran these on my R6 and they are great tires that give me a lot of confidence. I am still breaking the tires in but they feel great. The rear when I bought it was squared off and the front was cupping real bad(Dunlop Sportmax 208). I had these on my R6 when I bought it new back in 07. These tires had a very vague feel to them and I didn't like them at all.

I kept the D&D pipe I was going to sell from the R6 but noticed that D&D makes a common pipe for a lot of its bikes. So I ordered a midpipe from them for the VFR for like 50 dollars and am going to use it on the VFR. This spring I am changing plugs, air filter, and oil just so I know what I have. Battery is good and in a couple weeks will be going on the battery tender.

After riding a V4 I don't think I can go back to an Inline 4 because the torque and midrange this thing has is amazing. Topend isn't near what it is on the R6 but not having to rev the snot out of it to get anywhere is real nice. The handling on the bike I can feel every aspect of what its doing and can see why this bike has a cult following.

Comment

Working...
                        X