No announcement yet.
X

2003 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nero were elephants compared to him.....
    I am 6"4" and 220.....Big corn bread fed white boi!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice writeup!

Looks like I'm not as skinny as I thought at 5'9", 150...
      Originally posted by katanawarrior
      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

dude you should be a kawi salesman, if i were lookin to buy a bike you woulda just sold me

i still want the 09 zx6r though

Comment

There's a zx6r for sale right up the street from me, it's so sexy... I even looked at it before I bought the Katana. Lots 'o money compared to what I spent on the Kat, and I wouldn't utilize the extra performance enough to warrant the dough I'd need to drop. Plus the Kat seemed to be more comfy.
          Originally posted by katanawarrior
          I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

I've ridden one....and it feels like a pocket bike to me,and I'm only 6'3" 230lbs.

Most bikes just cramp me up. And if I'm not comfy when riding, I'd probably ride alot less.

Looks like the Kat is stuck with me for a long time...I've been looking at VFRs and rode a 2007 this past weekend.

I felt like I was laying on the tank...no thanks. The older VFRs must have better ergos, but around here they are heck to find in decent shape.

Comment

well im just like scotty like 5'8 135-140lbs SS bikes were made for us bro

Comment

Reading the first post reminded me of the rides on my friends (yep plural) RG500's.

One or the Gammas was jetted and the other was in race tune.

Those bloody things were damn fast... now I want to ride the 636!
                2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

lol
                  dont mean to be rude but you have way too much time on your hands

Comment

Originally posted by ICEG View Post
                    lol
                    dont mean to be rude but you have way too much time on your hands
                    hey the more write ups on different bikes the better. I wish more people did this, it will help me out a bunch when im a billionaire and need to pick bikes for my SS garage

Comment

Yah I for one appreciate all the write ups you guys take the time to come up with. Since there just aren't a lot of opportunities to ride all these bikes for yourself when you live in the middle of nowhere lol

Comment

Originally posted by erickdan View Post
                        Yah I for one appreciate all the write ups you guys take the time to come up with. Since there just aren't a lot of opportunities to ride all these bikes for yourself when you live in the middle of nowhere lol
                        South Dakota..... ouch bro i feel bad for ya.... im in indiana and i want to shoot myself every october.... WHERES THIS GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!

Comment

noticed in the grilling picture you had some cornhole going on, now thats a fun game to play
                          2006 Katana 600
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a buddy with a pretty modified one. made 121 whp and is sprocketed like crazy. We went messing around and raced a few times. I'm proud to say I beat him. Really badly from a stop, decently from a roll.

Anywho, we switched bikes afterwards and I was actually depressed at just how uncomfy it was. Obviously my bike isn't an SS bike so my judgement gets skewed a bit, but this thing was terrible. It was worse than my 600rr for sure.

At abuot 10k it comes alive and is fun though SUPER light bike for sure. Handles like a dream and would be a great track bike. Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy it!
                            Last edited by mdoe8; 11-06-2008, 01:28 PM.
                            -1999 White FRC Corvette
                            -2003 Black Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

[quote=mdoe8;1585790We went messing around and raced a few times. I'm proud to say I beat him. Really badly from a stop, decently from a roll.
                              [/quote]

With what bike?

And yeah comfortable it ain't. I've found ways around it though It's the price you pay for prowess.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

you have to find the light in the monkey trying to ---- a football position.
                                On my R6 I used to ride the twisties hard with a group of friends when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell.

Scotty noface how far are you from Land Between the Lakes by Dunbar Cave? I use to ride that all the time and used to ride highway 13 near Clarksville TN.

After getting out of the Army I couldnt afford the 6 anymore and traded it for a 95 Honda VFR 750 in almost perfect condition minus needing new tires.

After riding this V4 a bit I am not sure if I can go back to an inline 4 again. This thing has torque for days and a nice top end but nothing near the R6. I cant ride it superhard yet because I just put the road attacks on. They were thrown in on the deal.

The VFR is as fun as the R6 was minus the discomfort and some top end ponies. It has more torque then my R6 did with the sprocket change and power cmdr.

Comment

Working...
                                X