X

Bike quest need help...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike quest need help...

I am deciding to go with a 2000+ Suzuki Bandit 1200s this coming spring but have a prospect that is lingering in my mind.

Anyone have any experience with these bandits engine wise and that. From the little bit I read the seem to be bullet proof and very reliable. I am sick of riding in the monkey trying to F--- a foot ball position of my R6 i bought over a year a go. I like the way the bike looks, the accessories available, and to me lack of real difference then the new bandit. I know the new one has an all new engine, FI, and water cooling, but I have sat on both and to me they feel the same. I like the bandit because its perfect for me comfort wise and the bars are perfect. I came across an 2004 Kat 750 same color and everything as the one I had for $3900 dollars. I didn't look at the miles though I also looked at a 1995 Honda VFR750 with 20k on it and they wanted $4900. I like the VFR, the Kat is tried and true I rode one for a year as a first bike, and the bandit to me is a good bike as well.

Give me some input and I will make a sound decision, I am not looking to finance more than 5k because I want to keep my payments kind of low.
    I currently have an 07 R6s with Genmar risers, Leveloneracing custom carbon fiber exhaust(very similar to Racefit Growler), K and N filter, PC3, -1 in front +2 in the back sprockets, Road attack tires, Graves style fender eliminator(made from home depot Adjustable deck joist), heavier bar ends, and shimmed rear for 120,70,17 tire up front. The bike has 3000 miles on it and I bought it when I was in the military, I didn't have much of a chance to ride it because deployments take a lot of time.
    What do you think I can get for it.

I have a guy at work here selling his 07 R6 with about 3500 miles on it for $6300. Don't know if that helps or not.
    Semper Fi
    1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

The B12 is a great bike. Tons of torque. There's really no comparison with the Kat7 in terms of torque. The Bandit's a real ripper.

Comment

My bro-in-law has an 01 Bandit 1200. He went with that because of his build. The damn bike rattled my eye balls when I rode it. Lots of power. I just don't like the more upright seating position. But I do want his motor.

Comment

Go to maximum-suzuki.com and look up the VIN #'s for "oil burners."

Some of the G2 B12 motors had a tendency to burn oil because the rings hadn't correctly seated.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yeah , around '00-'01 mostly it seems . They never admitted a problem , but changed it the next year .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I feel like after owning the Kat and the R6s I found out what type of rider I am and grew out of the young hoodlum stage of it. I find myself to enjoy twisties sometimes but to tour/commute most of the time. I used to ride from Fort. Campbell, Ky to Champaign, IL to visit my girlfriend in college at the time while having my kat. Plus with my speed jaunts and long rides I have done on my R6 since I have beeen out of the Army. I have a lot of time to ride now that I goto school 4 days a week and just want something that doesn't kill me in the long haul. I want a 1200 to get something a little heavier, has a nice flat power curve, and don't have to wring the engine's neck to get at the power. The bandit seems sporty for a standard bike and has most of the standard features of many sport tourers which is preload settings only front and back. I can live with that as Im not a track junky.

Comment

I am too attached to the 6 to let it go right now and don't really owe much on it. I will get a tourer once I get a stable platform but right now I am a full time student and don't want to go that route yet. I can get the older bikes but them have mondo miles on them and mine i have had since new.
                I want to do something blasmphemous but looks cool.. I want to build a street fighter out of mine that doesn't look crappy.

Comment

Working...
                X