X

2003 Honda XR 650 L

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Honda XR 650 L

Been looking at dual sports lately and thought I would look at used. I tried out a Honda XR 650 L last night. it was in great condition!
    Wow, its tall! I am 5'8 and I had to jump up and swing my leg around to get on it. I could have one foot down on my tippy toes while sitting on it.
    I did not have stock gears so I was very torquey. It was loud with a super trap muffler.
    I finally mounted the thing and it took off, Very fun. I cut across someones lawn ,oops.
    The guy wanted 3 grand and it was worth it, but I am not a huge fan of Hondas so much. It would only need better tires (has real knobbies now) and the stock gearing back on for my taste. He has the gears and just put a new battery last night. Hmm, very temping though. I took it out for 2 test drives b/c I could not decide. I told him I would sleep on it and told him no this morning, but now............I am not so sure. I would save a lot of money buying used.
    Here is the ad
    The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

That is a good looking bike. It's not my money, but I say buy it.
    sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

yeah, I am debating right now.....
      I could ride it in the snow!
      The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

Comment

BUY IT! For all of us that want one but can't have one
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

had a enduro(yamaha tw200 so ugly I could leave it any where), not so comfortable when on a long ride

"I could ride it in the snow!"

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT
          Last edited by rexazz2; 10-10-2008, 04:34 PM.
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by newride View Post
            Been looking at dual sports lately and thought I would look at used. I tried out a Honda XR 650 L last night. it was in great condition!
            Have you looked to see what kind of accsseories are available for that Honda?

That's only if you intend to do grand things with it like droning on the freeway to get to a place, therefore a windshield or even a larger gas tank.

If your going to do multiple days on the road or off road, therefore luggage of some sort, i.e. hard bags or soft.

If there are suspension options...etc.

Accessories and improvements, for me, are two thing to consider when making a bike purchasing decision.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Yeah, the XR 650 L was cool, but I could not picture myself riding it 2 hours up the highway to get to the woods. Had many mixed feelings about the XR.
              It had balls for sure. it was a monster with great torque, but it was kind of light for the highway.
              I am still trying to fit the idea of 3 bikes into my life, b/c you know the minute I get a 3rd one, My car will find out and fall apart.
              Anyway he sold it............kind of wish I gave it a second look.

Comment

Ive been craving a dualsport lately.

P.S.- Is that Ickis from AHH! Real Monsters?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My buddy has a 2007 CRF650 L (xr650L) . Took it out the oher day. Fun for about 10 minutes. Not very comfortable. I'm 5'11" and I have to tiptoe to touch the ground. Very narrow bike.
                  You got nothin to lose Don't be afraid to get down

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Ive been craving a dualsport lately.

P.S.- Is that Ickis from AHH! Real Monsters?
                    yes it is Ickis.
                    that was a good show! Along with ren and stimpy.....both gone.

Looking at an 87 XR600R. If I can convert it to a dual purpose. I may buy it. It runs good, and comes with a parts bike for only about $1,000. It has a new top end and seat!
                    It would be a fun project.

Comment

Working...
                    X