X

06 Kat vs. 08 R6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
    a Katana 600 might be able to keep up for 50 feet, but it's only going to top out under 140 mph. the R6 will reach 170 pretty quick.
    Not with THEM sprockets it won't . Probably be well under 130 ......
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      Not with THEM sprockets it won't . Probably be well under 130 ......

Yeah, I was being generous with that one. I was really thinkin more around 120
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Supposedly tops at 145mph. That's just what he told me though. I don't plan on ever having to confirm that claim...I'd prefer to live past college...lol
        Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
          My CBR is very comfortable

Comment

just take hers..lol

Comment

rr will win every time unless you put a 750 motor from an 06 gsxr

Comment

Cranking hard on the throttle of my kat and speed shifting will get me from 0-60 in about 3 seconds. Why the F anyone would need to accelerate any faster than that is beyond my comprehension, unless you are just dying to donate your organs.....

Comment

Brains...BRAINS!!!!!
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Brains...BRAINS!!!!!
                    getting absurd isn't it?
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

HOLY DEAD THREAD, BATMAN!!!!!!!

2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                      BMC Notorious 918 HT
                      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by PAIN View Post
                        Cranking hard on the throttle of my kat and speed shifting will get me from 0-60 in about 3 seconds. Why the F anyone would need to accelerate any faster than that is beyond my comprehension, unless you are just dying to donate your organs.....
                        Simple answer "because we can". There's an old saying that "quick enough" or "fast enough" never is.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree with that.

I hated the ergonomics of my CBR 600 which is why I sold it. After 120 miles I hated myself and everything around me when I was on that bike.

I currently have a basically stock 1998 Kat 750 (14,xxx miles, Stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, and AMSOIL synthetic 10w40 oil, slight weight reduction) and my riding buddy has a bone stock 2009 R6. His bike is ~25% lbs. lighter then my Kat and has ~50% more power to boot.
                          I can launch way harder then he can and will stay ahead of him until ~100 MPH at which point he will pass me by and walk away from me at a faster rate at the speed increases.
                          From a roll, my Kat doesn't stand a chance.
                          He always gives me grief about my "sissy / girl / grandpa bike".
                          A few weeks ago we went for a ~500 mile ride. The closer we got to home the more he kept asking me if we could trade for a while. I felt great, the entire ride.
                          Last edited by daniel_depetro; 07-26-2010, 10:01 AM.
                          1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                          1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                          1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                            Yeah RR just about lays it out. Your wife has a sweet bike, I think that might be my next purchase....
                            Same here, I've always wanted the Cadium with Flames lol

Comment

I know this is old but have you looked at the Honda Interceptor VFR, sweet bike still not a CBR but sweet sport/tourer.
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                              Black painted seat and rear trim,
                              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...