No announcement yet.
X

Kawi Z1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was rding one day about a month back when I saw a some other guy riding one. I followed him to a gas station and asked him about the bike. He told me that the suspension pretty much blows but the rest of the bike is on point. He truly seemed disappointed in the suspension, like it made him sad or something.
    Some people carry on
    Some just stay right where they are
    Our worlds divide

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
      That Z in the pic you posted is gorgeous!! If I found one like that I'd buy it just on principle.
      Hi ET,

It is the 2009 "Ebony"-model. (3 colors in 2009)

Best off regards, Anoucka

Comment

What Kawi site is that? Neither the US nor Canada have a 2009 listed for the Z1000 ... My hopes kinda soared a little a late release for that bike, but dashed again now LOL ..
        2008 ZZR 600 (His)
        Black
        Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
        Red
        Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

My advice would be to search out a first gen. Apparently, they dumbed down the 2nd gen even more. Less power, price point suspension.

There was a pretty slick new one in Performance Bikes Mag. Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes, blueprinted chassis, BST CF wheels, ZX-10R swingarm, tuned engine and larger injectors. Claimed about 150 hp at the wheel while sacrificing some midrange. With track quality suspension. Very nice, at more than double the price of a brand new bike.
          Last edited by freight dog; 01-02-2009, 01:15 AM.

Comment

My buddy had one, it was a great bike. The torque was incredible (maybe not as much as my SV). The riding position was great for long rides too. As for suspension, he bought a rear shock off a zx-10, pretty sure it was a direct bolt on with no mod needed.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Originally posted by ChattKat View Post
              As for suspension, he bought a rear shock off a zx-10, pretty sure it was a direct bolt on with no mod needed.
              THis is correct. Most of Kawasaki's stuff integrates from model to model fairly simply, just like suzuki

A guy on kawiforums has a Z1000 with a ZX10r engine and vfr single sided swingarm, that bike is a BEAST.

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks for that link Scotty. It seems to me a Z1000 is a great starting place for a Custom job. I saw a white '08 in the showroom and I liked the look of it.

Comment

Single sided swing arms are sexy

I am biased though I ride a 95 VFR

Comment

A titanium gray or black Z1000 will be my next bike...got to pay off the Kat and sell the Gixxer.

Comment

A friend of mine has a 2008. He's real short and traded in a 2008 SV650 (his first ever bike) for it. He liked it at first, but complained that it lacked too much in acceleration compared to our other friends 1000 Supersports, so he added 3 or 4 teeth to the rea sprocket. Now he complains that he lost too much top end, he also complains about the lack of wind protection at anything above 80mph. From what I can tell the bike seems to handle great though. His has absolutely no chicken stips on the rear tire.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think I would be complaining about power. I find my Kat and the wife's ZZR to be plenty powerful for me. I just love the styling of the Z .. and efi is nice as well.
                        2008 ZZR 600 (His)
                        Black
                        Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
                        Red
                        Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                          I know I have loved the Z1000 since i first layed eyes on the orange with the gold colored pipes that went 4-2-4....AHH I love it...and still want one of the 1st gens...
                          Funny, I initially liked their out-there look, but it wore thin fast, and the bike did not make my A list.
                          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

i went from a kat 600 to a z1 and holy crap. yes it has no windshield and is not built for screamin around a race track at 15k RPM. but through town it is a blast. the bike literally puts out more torque at 3k than the kat 750 will at max. but get used to the front pickin up when comin out of the clutch hard. and although the bike is definately not as fast as a track ready 1000, its by no means slow and would around the 1000s. but yeah, get the z1. fighters are the way to go

Comment

Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                              Current Bikes:
                              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

My first post and I love my Katana 750, but the 2010 z1000 is a sexy beast!!

Kawasaki's Z1000 returns to the American market in 2010. Receiving a brand new engine and cosmetic updates, the new Z retains its aggressive but unique styling.

Comment

Working...
                                X