X

2007 Yammie R6s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Yammie R6s

The bike is not stock by any means but before the mods I loved the seating position and seat. The seat is thick and the bars are forward but don't kill you on long mileage rides. My dad and I ride to marssailles and starve rock alot in IL here and I am fine no quirks. The power in this bike is awesome but it needs a change in gearing to really wake up the mid range and low end. Usually after 7k RPM the bike pulls like a freight train with 123hp at tap. I have fun with twisties but love going on medium to long rides on weekends with my brother in law or father.
    Mods are
    Pro grip gel grips
    Continental road attacks 120/70/17 180/55/17 (thanks to the forum best choice I ever made on tires Cant STAND Dunslops 208GP)
    4mm Shimmed rear to compensate for the 60-70 profile switch on the tire in the front
    Home made fender elim made out of 4 inch adjustable deck joist
    Took a few hours and a dremel but 4.97 beats 85$ looks just like this

AFAM lightened 15tooth front sprocket
    Drive systems DS-2 annodized aluminum 50 tooth rear sprocket
    EK 520 SRX Xring chain running 117 links
    D&D exhaust

I traded the Kat for the r6 and got a hell of a deal just could barely break it in before putting it up for winter. I didnt have time until this may really to ride because I was still in the army stationed at ft campbell. I ETSed in may and have been riding my butt off. I feel so at home with these mods and now the bike pulls hard in every gear the only thing is I need a speedo healer now

Sounds nice, but where are the pics of your bike? Did you consider the GSXR600? I wonder how they would stack up.....
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

The R6s is to the R6 as the gsxf is to the gsxr? (I just see its a cheaper, less powerful version of the R6).

Either way, as long as you like it, its all good!

Oh yeah:
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

The R6s is the 03-04 R6 kind of like what yammie did with the YZF600R thundercats when they came out with the R6 in 99. I didnt like the seating position on the new R6 at all. Plus the look of the 03-05 r6 to me is iconic with the gatling beam headlights.

Comment

I heard a rumor this bike is still Carbuerated and not fuel injected.

Comment

Yamaha's have to be ridden towards the higher end of their rpm range to get any power out of them.

Comment

With the change of 15t in the front and 50t in the back its a very quick motorcycle. Gas mileage suprisingly didn't really suffer unless i pull it through the gears everywhere. I changed the exhaust to something that makes D&D sound like yoshimura. www.leveloneracing.com made it here in IL, it is a either a 10.25 inch or 13 inch GP style muffler available in black satin powder coat or carbon fiber. This exhaust is so deep and when I am riding behind my dad he says he cannot hear his bike to shift.(vstar 650) Since I changed it the bike pulls harder and the handle bars don't vibrate nearly as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartenderchris View Post
                I heard a rumor this bike is still Carbuerated and not fuel injected.
                Nope fuel injected...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I sat on a friend's 07 R6, good looking bike, but uncomfortable position. Not my cup of tea.
                  The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

There is a world's difference between the R6 and R6s. The R6S is pretty much the 03-04 R6 but marketed as an entry level sport bike. The new R6 is more a track weapon then it is comfortable. Its like what Kawasaki does with the ZZR 600, yamaha with the YZF600R, and suzuki with the kat till 2006. Its an old bike that they keep in production as a lesser model as the new one is all of the newest technologies. The R6s bars are about 2 inches higher then the 06-09 bars. On those newer bikes I feel like a monkey trying to F_____ a foot ball when sitting on them. On my bike I have a number of mods that are comfort mods. I have a sport touring windshield, Genmar bar risers(brought bars up 1.5"), LOR 10" carbon GP exhaust, PCIII tuned map for LOR, K&N filter, -1 in front/+2 in back, Conti Road attacks, heavier bar ends, progrip sport bike gel grips, and shimmed rear for the 120/70/17 up front. I went on a 150mile ride today and didn't feel sore or anything. Once I finish school I plan on getting a new bike plus this one will be paid off soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X