No announcement yet.
X

Buell Firebolt or Lightning??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that power??? lol. I ride with an X1 and I'm not impressed at all. Its 1200cc and gets smoked by most any other 600 SS bike. The 1125 is a huge improvement, but as someone else mentioned, the price for the performance just isnt there. I mean, its barely faster than a 750 gixxer and costs almost 2k more than a busa....and its super uncomfortable. When I bought the kat, I was actually in the market for a buell simply because everyone in my family rides HD. I tryed em all and ended up with my Kat and future plans of a busa...and everytime I get on my buddies X1 and feel like a gorilla on a bicycle, my decision is re-affirmed. If you want a small bike that handles good...by a Japanese SS 600...its just as fast as a 1200cc buell, comforts about the same, handling about the same, and price is alot less. Oh yea, and then theres the maintanance bill!!!!!
    sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
    RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
    I Miss You Pop
    2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

You don't get the best bang for the buck with Buell... There are many better choice with the same amount of cash you spend on them...

I actually did thought about a Buell before getting the Kat; but after check them out it's hard to beat the big 4 for the best bang for the buck.

If I want a non big 4 bike then BMW would be the next choice.
      sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKACIDEVIL View Post
        I'm looking at selling my Katana and getting a Firebolt or Lightning instead. I went to a Demo at Appletons Harley/Buell in Clarksville and got a chance to flog the $hit out of both of them and I really liked them.
        Anybody have any thoughts on a Buell either good or bad. Thanks.
        I rode one, absolutely a great upgrade! one negative compared to a katana...
        less comfy that's all (more extreme seatingposition and more vibrations), in every other aspect the (way) better bike

Comment

Go for this:

Plenty of utility and fun factor as well!

Comment

Working...
          X